Hays Property and Surveying are seeking a Facilities Manager to join a Facilities Management team in Oxford, to manage buildings on behalf of occupying departments.
The post holder will directly report to the Senior Facilities Manager and be responsible for managing a small team and services within a portfolio of buildings.
Responsibilities to include:
- Management of all Workplace & Facilities functions.
- Responsible for managing, developing and motivating other members of staff, assisting them to carry out their responsibilities in line with best practice.
- Workplace Consultancy & Project management.
- Manage hard and soft services across the various locations.
- To be responsible for the front of house and to ensure that appropriate security measures are in place and that visitor management is handled professionally.
- Responsible for implementation and management of annual budget.
- Tendering, negotiating and managing contracts for suppliers and to make recommendation for service and cost improvement.
- Responsibility for the management and improvement of the office environmental commitments.
- Work with our internal and external H&S advisors to comply with H&S policy, carrying out risk assessments as required.
- Planning and implementation of refurbishment, building works and space planning at office locations.
- Ongoing Project management
- Facilitate all office moves, including consultation with stakeholders, space planning and floor design, co-ordinate activities with third party suppliers and internal IT to ensure that the move goes to plan and is within budget.
- Responsible for drafting and implementing facilities related procedures and policies within the wider business.
- Management of the Business continuity forum and implementation of the plan
What you'll need to succeed:
- A minimum requirement of an HND qualification or equivalent and preferably a professional qualification in facilities management or related subject.
- Demonstrable post qualification experience within facilities management.
- Demonstrable experience of buildings management.
- Demonstrable experience of project and space management.
- Good understanding of facilities management issues and procurement procedures.
- Demonstrable experience of managing teams of staff in diverse areas.
What you need to do now:
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now on 0118 907 0328.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.