Our client is a Landscape Architecture design practice dedicated to creating landscapes that are both beautiful and tackle the landscape’s greatest challenges. They focus on building more sustainable, innovative, and equitable places around the world.
You will be a key member of the team in London, working at all scales and across international boundaries. The role is tasked with making early concepts tangible, starting from deep research and synthesis, and executed in the context of iteration and ideation.
- Develop design strategy for early-stage public realm projects
- Be hands on with the design and delivery of storyboards, hand sketches, models
- Drive design and experimentation that can validate or challenge
- Communicate design through clear and elegant graphics, leveraging the power of storytelling, rational thinking, and human emotion
- Demonstrate proactive and razor-sharp attention to the alignment of project scope with resources to drive efficiencies
- Mentor team members on building materials and construction technology, materials and installation, technical detailing and evolving methods and material.
Skills and Experience
- Landscape Architecture graduates – BLA or MLA with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Excellent design, communication, and coordination skills, including the ability to sketch/develop designs on paper as well as digitally.
- You have direct project experience overseeing staff in the technical execution of work as well as direct client contact and comfort coordinating with consultant teams.
- You know your tools, demonstrating proficiency at Revit, Rhino, Lumion, Grasshopper, AutoCAD, and Adobe AI/PSD/INDD.
- Practical experience designing projects but also progressing them through design development and tender documentation phases.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and communication skills for effective interaction with staff and teams, clients, approval authorities and the public.
- A keen focus on project profitability and understanding of what it takes to manage to this.
- Ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in working on a variety of scales and typologies varying from master planning to garden-scale landscapes.
- International and USA experience would be desirable