Architectural Technician required to join Ayrshire based Timber Frame Manufacturer.
Your new company
Is a leading Timber Frame and Roof Truss manufacturer. They are a growing and expanding business therefore are recruiting to further develop their Design team. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Timber Frame and will be responsible for the design of timber frame structures while working closely with the client, client representatives and internal production team. Their clients range from private individuals to the most prestigious national building and construction companies
Your new role
- Preparation of technical and construction drawings, details all in line with project budgets.
- Identifying and managing risk through proper coordination of design information in line with project programmes.
- Co-ordinate with external consultants and suppliers to ensure consistent designs are delivered.
- Produce detailed construction information suitable for site teams to deliver built product without compromise to programme, quality, health & safety and cost.
- Provide suitable support to site teams to ensure compliance with statutory requirements (planning, building control etc) and to identify improvements in construction detailing and techniques.
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong design awareness combined with a proven capability for producing manufacturing information to a high standard.
- 2 years post qualification experience preferably from a timber design background.
- Knowledge of current Scottish Planning & Building Standards Regulations.
- Sound awareness of CDM Regs. and NHBC Standards
- Experience of working with Auto Cad and MS Office suite is essential
- Keen team player willing to buy into the culture of a growing company
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.