DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Comfortable to explore/discuss creative concepts, making suggestions at appropriate stages in the project
- Produce drawings to the highest standard
- Support across the administrative aspects of a project e.g.: filing, source suppliers, manage incoming and outgoing drawings, catalogue presentation boards, etc
- Managing incoming and outgoing drawings by printing, collating and filing them immediately according to the established filing system computer and paper
- Proactively participate in internal team meetings and creative reviews; explore and discuss creative concepts at appropriate stages in the project
- Assist in researching, selecting and collating appropriate and fit-for-purpose finishes, sanitary ware and hardware that support the design
- Attend internal review meetings and assist with any issues as they arise
- Assist in the development and preparation of scheme designs - Attend final site visits with senior designer(s) and assist with any FF&E or styling requirements
- Detail specific project requirements e.g. furniture sketching, electrical drawings, models etc.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES DESIGN MANAGEMENT
Creative Process Focus:
- Providing support to senior team to ensure that project concept is delivered Design Process Involvement: Drawing and design production for all stages.
- Ensuring operational functionality for own work produced
- Understands the design values and is beginning to understand how to communicate them Design
Communicates ideas effectively in internal discussions and presentations using a range of tools - hand sketching, verbal, references etc.
- Investigates options internally and externally from known and new sources Processes Deliverables & Reporting
- Contributes to design decisions and understands the impact these decisions have on deliverables Time Management & Productivity
- Ensures timesheets are completed weekly Able to manage own workload to meet deadlines Communicates if work is at risk of not meeting a deadline and offers solutions to the team lead VE / Cost Management
- Able to rationalise design to meet project cost targets, whilst maintaining design integrity Brief & Expectations
- Understands how the client brief can be aligned with the studio design values and ensures the design work relates to the brief Quality control
- Understands the standards required and is responsible for the quality of own work produced Software: Fluent in key design tools, flexible approach to learning software