Delivery focussed Associate required for the growing London studio of this AJ100 practice
- White Space
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- To £65,000 per annum
- Closing date
- 19 Jul 2022
- Job position
- Associate, Director, General Manager, Head of, Manager, Qualified / Chartered, Senior Manager
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Function
- Architect, Architectural Technician, Architectural Technologist, General Manager, Project Architect, Senior Management, Part III
The growing London studio for this northern HQ’d architectural practice is seeking a talented and experienced Associate/Project Director to support their growing team in their London office. The practice employs over eighty architects and interior designers across its London and Manchester offices specialising in Architecture, Masterplanning, Interior Design and 3D/Graphics with a major focus on the hospitality, residential, retail and commercial sectors. Having operated for several decades and having worked in all commercial sectors throughout the UK and Europe, their extensive portfolio of work ranges in value from £250,000 to over £500m.
This position would predominately be involved in the delivery of projects from RIBA stages 3-7 assisting the main London Director in managing multiple projects within the London office. You will liaise on a regular basis with the project teams, manage project workloads and be the link between project leaders and company directors. You would also assist the directors with the day to day running of the London office alongside other key members of the London team.
This role would place you in a leadership position at the London office and would require you to have good all-round skills. These would include; excellent Client/Contractor liaison skills, the ability to lead, being capable of developing new business as well as managing the existing clients and projects, and the ability to work with the existing team to win new projects. The ability to conduct yourself in a manner expected of a senior management role is essential and will require excellent communication skills, the ability to work under your own initiative, being able to manage and appraise own working practices and ability to structure and manage a project within any or all the RIBA work stages. Being a good team player whilst managing a team of people is key to success in this position.
The skills and experience required for this role are as follows:
- Either: RIBA Part 2 Architecture Degree, RIBA Part 3 Professional Practice, Architectural Technology Degree or a relevant HNC/HND qualification
- Experience working on large commercial projects in the UK
- Excellent Drawing and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to produce coherent/well resolved architectural designs
- Understanding of building technologies and environmental design and ability to employ structural theories, construction techniques and processes
- Strong understanding of technical standards, regulatory frameworks, and health & safety requirements
- Understanding of how a small business operates and the factors involved in the management of an architectural project
- Understanding of the professional duty of care arising from the relationships between client/architects, employer/employee.
Desirable but not essential qualities and experience for this role are:
- 10yrs post qualification experience in a commercially oriented Office
- Driving Licence
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD
Appraisals will be given every 12 months along with training in the various remits of your role where it is deemed necessary.
The salary range for this role is £55-65,000 per annum dependent upon experience and also comes with an extensive benefits package.
If this sounds like the perfect next step for your career, please do not hesitate to get in touch ASAP!
We are a bunch of straightforward, knowledgable and empathetic individuals who are passionate about architecture and the people who occupy this space. Ultimately we see our job as to listen, to care, to connect and to challenge. We are not backward in coming forward and aim to work closely with all of our clients and candidates to achieve the best outcomes possible. Our mantra is to find the right solution for every role that we work on and for every person that we represent.
White Space is a connected, results focused and creative recruitment consultancy that cares. With decades of specialist architecture and design recruitment experience between us we are fully plugged-in to our markets. We know who to talk to and how to get there. We recruit for some of the biggest names in architecture and a lot more besides. Whether your dream is to work for a big name practice or a small up and coming outfit (or anything in between), or if you are a client needing to gain access to untapped talent, then we can help you achieve it.
To us it is not so much about sales, more about having a great relationship with you that leads to the perfect solution that you deserve. Give us a try, the process will be fun and you won't be disappointed.
- 020 3897 7700
WeWork Old Street
145 City Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert