Hays Property and Surveying are working with a public sector organisation based in Oxford who are looking to appoint an Estates Manager.
Overall Purpose / Role Summary:
- Lead and direct real estate development transaction from beginning to end, including complex site selection, financial analysis, heads of terms and contract negotiations, and site developments.
- Formulate and present long-term development and or rationalisation strategies for specific geographic areas and operational requirements.
- Execute on the strategic plan whilst interacting with internal stakeholders
- Negotiate, manage and deliver all searches, acquisitions, renewals, rent reviews, licences to assign, alter, change use and where necessary prepare statutory submissions to arbitrators / independent experts.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To manage your own caseload of general transactional and property work and to assist and support other team members.
- To be responsible for policy implementation with regard to all estates transactions.
- To provide, receive and present highly complex, sensitive, and contentious information with regard lease management, negotiation, and renewal.
- Understand the operational and clinical requirements of their teams in designing solutions that meet the organisations objectives.
- Involvement in the full construction process to deliver all aspects of a project to include building, power, and other utilities.
- Support multiple complex contract negotiations simultaneously.
- To keep up to date in developments and best practice in national and international estate management and valuation, management and leadership and public sector policy
- Contribute as a key member of the estates team in driving their ability to innovate and deliver results.
- Share best practice techniques and support the wider team with development and training initiatives, leading workshops and development opportunities.
- Develop acquisition plans and strategies that will deliver growth, value for money, manage risks and optimise quality.
- Lead and maintain relationships with partners to ensure the organisation is a valued and trusted partner and are presented with opportunities as they arise.
- Ensure all commercial, legal and asset data and records in relation to opportunities, developments, schemes under development or construction are up to date, accurate and stored in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Evaluate, integrate, and embed appropriate transactional policies and procedures.
- Negotiate and transact commercially viable deals on the best commercial terms available, working with multiple stakeholders in the development options appraisals.
- To provide highly developed specialist knowledge and oversight of all aspects of legal building management.
- To advise on strategy and to actively manage property needs through the joint development of short, medium and long-term property strategies.
- To identify and bring forward asset rationalisation and improvement opportunities to the property portfolio.
- To prepare a Strategic Asset Management Plan and to use highly developed professional knowledge and experience to identify innovative proposals for asset management and use of Trust assets based on the analysis of highly complex situations requiring comparison of a range of options.
- To ensure that property asset and lease databases are continually updated and reflective of the live environment. The information and data transposed to conditional and maintenance registers and schedules.
- Develop tools to report building utilisation, undertaking capacity planning and forecasting so as to inform property strategy.
- To be the lead negotiator on behalf of the organisation for all lease renewals, rent reviews, licences to assign, alter, change use and where necessary prepare statutory submissions to arbitrators / independent experts, ensuring up to date knowledge of national guidance.
- To support the Estates Director with budgetary control, forecasting, billing, and reporting.
- To work with departments and partners to ensure a joined-up approach to the use of assets
- To undertake unaccompanied site visits of sites (including construction sites) and buildings and ensure audits and management records are maintained according to current legislative requirements.
- To keep up to date in developments and best practice in national and international estate management and valuation, management and leadership and public sector policy.
- Manage and develop Estate records, Lease and Asset Register information for the Estates.
- Report to the Director of Estates an appraisal of the Land and Property owned by the organisation, based on estate code recommendations.
- To be responsible for the teaching/delivery of core training on a range of estate subjects or specialist training pertaining to the transactional activities.
- Liaise with professional service providers such as solicitors, lawyers, and consultants and for commissioning from them the provision of specific information or services.
- Advise and lead on commercial property agreements, rent reviews etc.
If this position is of interest please apply now or call Sarah on 0118 907 0328.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.