Malcolm Reading Consultants is the leading independent organiser of international architectural competitions. We believe in the power of design to create new perceptions and act as an inspiration.
This varied role offers the opportunity to work on interesting and fast-moving cultural projects with high-profile global clients. Highly successful within our sector, the MRC team is friendly, supportive and energetic. We help clients commission new museums, contemporary art galleries, libraries, visitor attractions, residential buildings, hotels and resorts, universities and performing arts venues — as well as urban and landscape design projects. Our competitions attract the world’s leading architects and designers, and our juries often include thought-leaders and famous figures from the worlds of design, media, politics and business.
We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic Projects Administrator to provide flawless administrative support on competitions for landmark projects around the globe. Prospective candidates should have a strong educational background, excellent attention to detail and accuracy, good organisational and communication skills, and be confident absorbing information at speed.
We value a team-player approach, work ethic, initiative, and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously; an enthusiasm for design and architecture would be a plus.
You can look forward to a highly supportive work environment and involvement in many diverse projects at one time with opportunities to travel internationally, subject to Covid receding.
- Organise and attend meetings, site visits, office visits, and design charettes in the UK, overseas and online
- Produce documents including letters, agendas, memos and minutes, draft accurate reports and distribute as required
- Liaise with clients, juries, architect teams and subcontractors
- Help with project processes, including issuing, downloading, checking and recirculating materials, as well as coordinating Q & As
- Support and undertake research activities associated with competition projects, including identifying architect long-lists, sourcing their contact details and incorporating into well-designed presentations.
- Oversee and monitor arrangements for overseas and UK visits; book travel (via travel agent)
- Set up and maintain project folders and electronic filing
- Collate project expenses and pass to accountant
- Be responsible for compliance checking and logging of competition entries; prepare and issue compliance reports
- General project administration and information gathering as required
- Support team as needed; report and communicate daily/weekly progress on projects
Please see the full Job Description for more details.
Who we’re looking for:
You will need to have a strong educational background, educated to degree level or vocational equivalent; at least two to five years’ administrative experience, ideally in architecture; an enthusiasm for design and architecture.
The key attitudes of mind we seek from you include:
- Hard-working with persistence and initiative
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Positive and team player attitude – no job too big or small
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Ability to work on own initiative, meet deadlines and work on several tasks at once
We offer hybrid working: three days in our forthcoming Blackfriars office and two days working from home. We expect opportunities for international business travel to gradually resume over the next few years.
We offer a competitive salary plus a private health scheme, pension contribution, discretionary bonus, and generous holiday allowance. We are a friendly team with a straightforward approach and a passion for quality. The company is expanding and there are good prospects for progression.
To apply, please read the full job description then send your CV with a covering letter by June 30, 2022. Please explain in your letter who you are and why you would like to work for us. Send it to: Mrs Catherine Reading, Director.