I am currently recruiting for an international practice with UK offices in Central London and the Midlands. Their architectural expertise covers a wide range of sectors all tied together by the desire and commitment to create exemplary sustainable buildings designed with the user at heart.
The London office is seeking a BIM Coordinator/Visualiser to assist on a range of UK and international projects covering Commercial, Mixed Use, Residential, Retail and Hotel/Leisure areas on a Hybrid basis.
My client is seeking a candidate who will be happy to combine the roles of an Architectural Technologist with BIM Coordination. The successful candidate will be comfortable working at all project stages and ideally have 5+ years' experience, with an aspiration to become a BIM champion in the Practice.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Revit project coordination and team support.
- Liaising with external consultants.
- Assisting project teams in BIM project set up and coordination.
- Promoting best practice using BIM software and standards.
- Assisting with Revit content creation.
- Working closely with consultants to prepare and coordinate construction packages including technical drawings, schedules and specifications.
- Leading the detailed design process and coordinating design information.
- Carrying out risk assessments.
- Specifying the appropriate technology and tools to be used in a project and advising where this requires deviation from the initial design plans.
- Resolving issues that come up during construction.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Relevant qualification in Architectural Technology
- 5+ years' experience across RIBA stages 1-5
- An undergraduate degree in architectural technology or equivalent relevant UK experience within an architectural/technical practice.
- Advanced knowledge of Revit and Navisworks Manage - we will ask candidates to participate in Knowledge Smart Revit assessments as part of the interview process to assess ability.
- Comfortable in working across AutoCAD and Revit and understanding of the core BIM principles.
- Thorough knowledge of UK building regulations and construction methods.
- Ability to produce quality drawing packages for D&B contractors.
- Proven track record in delivering projects to a high technical standard.
- Ability to take responsibility, meet project deadlines, and work independently and collaboratively.
- Willingness to contribute actively to office BIM knowledge and development.
- Working understanding of UK Planning and Building Regulation process.
- Automation through the use of Dynamo and scripting is a key focus and it will be advantageous if the applicant is able to create scripts to assist the project teams in their day-to-day tasks.
- Experience of other software including, but not limited to: Enscape, Dynamo, BIM 360, TestFit, FormIT and other computational design software.
- Interest in BIM related developments, tools and software.
- Ability to create efficient cross-application workflows.
The position is hybrid/full-time, and we will provide a competitive salary based on skills and experience. All interested applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
To be considered for this role please send your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me to discuss the role on 023 8202 5242.