National leading, AJ100 studio is hiring for a specification writer to join its team in London. This is a practice wide role for an experienced built environment professional to collaborate with designers, technicians and consultants in the preparing and writing of specifications for a range of projects. On offer is a competitive package, long term career benefits and the opportunity to learn from and contribute to a talented team.
- Join the studio’s technical team to support the wider practice and share technical knowledge.
- Set up specification templates.
- Ensure a high standard of consistency.
- Write and collate specifications using NBS Chorus.
- Managing the transition between NBS Building and NBS Create and the interaction with BIM
- Respond to technical queries.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in architectural practice or in a construction firm is preferable.
- Expert knowledge of British standards, materials, construction methods and detailing, specifically for cladding systems.
- An interest and understanding of technical design, project delivery and specification writing.
- A problem solving mindset with a willingness to help colleagues through troubleshooting.
- Good knowledge of NBS Create.