Hays Recruitment are working with an independent construction and property practice who are looking to recruit a Graduate Structural Engineer. This is a busy and varied role providing support to the Engineering team on a wide range of projects, including insurance work, defect diagnosis, and the design of residential and commercial buildings in all forms of construction.
Job Purpose: The Graduate Structural Engineer is expected to support the Engineering team and is responsible for handling projects within own level of authority.
- Preparation of reports
- Calculations, design and preparation of drawings
- Provide technical advice to clients
- Obtaining planning and/or building regulations approval
- Monitoring and inspecting work undertaken by contractors
- Liaising with other professionals such as Architects
- Maintaining client relationships by providing excellent customer service and managing expectations
- Administering contracts and managing projects
- Inspection and surveys of client properties and sites
- Ensuring that all projects comply with legal requirements including CDM2015, Party wall, Listed buildings
- Assessment of sustainability and environmental impact of projects
- Bachelor / Masters Degree and member of ICE, IStructE wanting to gain Chartership within the near future.
- 2+ years post Graduate Experience essential
- Experience and working knowledge of consulting engineering, an appreciation for surveying, architectural and planning practices and procedures supported by an awareness of the latest statutory requirements, technical publications and guidelines.
- Experience and working knowledge of defects diagnoses preferred
- Experience of Auto CAD / Revit
- Experience in working to deadlines and within budgets on large scale projects
Qualities and Skills:
- Sound mathematical, scientific and IT skills.
- The ability to think methodically to problem solve and manage projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Due to Travel of remote locations of some sites applicant must have a full Driving license
If this role is of interest please apply or call Sarah on 0118 907 0328.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.