Our client has a vacancy for an ambitious and talented Senior Designer with a minimum of six year's experience to work on high end Interior Design projects in the Restaurant and Hospitality sectors.
- Running projects from concept to completion at ALL levels of design and production. Including,
- Understanding our clients project deliverable to ensure our company meets its contractual obligations.
- Driving the project's design program, by using their in-depth knowledge of design time-lines and deliverable.
- Understanding the client brief and Design Directors vision for the project and implementing it into the concept design.
- Taking responsibility for the production of all drawings for the project, including full construction, legal and planning drawing packages.
- Understanding the contractual obligations between the designer, contractor and the client.
- Producing high end professional client presentation boards and booklets.
- Understanding of overall project costs
- Leading all design site visits and meetings with contractors, consultants and clients.
- Understanding the project Health & Safety procedures and ensuring the correct documentation is complete.
- Suggesting appropriate materials and finishes, using the individual's vast experience / knowledge of different suppliers.
- Knowledge of furniture, lighting, ironmongery and sanitary ware manufactures and their suitability for the project.
- Feasibility and commercial viability of the design
- Managing and supporting more junior members of the project team.
- Ensuring our clients CAD standards are kept at a high level while developing the Teams CAD abilities.
- Researching and engage new suppliers and manufacturers, keeping the team updated with any new materials, lighting, ironmongery and sanitary ware products.
- Mentoring junior members within the Team.
- Acting as a point of contact for the Team's interns. Mentoring them by monitoring their performance and overseeing their workload.
- Covering the other Team members responsibilities through holiday periods and ensuring all holidays are communicated across the team to ensure adequate coverage at all times.
- Supporting the general well-being of the team and its productivity.
6-10 years of experience in either hospitality or residential design and be very experienced with running jobs; either large scale residential, hotels or restaurant roll-outs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Good knowledge of UK building regulations
- Comprehensive understanding of construction technology
- High level of joinery, detailing, furniture & construction is imperative
- Awareness of current style trends/industry
- 3D spatial awareness
- An extremely high level of AutoCAD is a must
- Proficient in Photoshop
- Good knowledge of InDesign
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good knowledge of Sketch-up
- Strong free-hand sketching abilities
- Eye for colour/materials
- Good managerial skills
- Work well under pressure & to time lines
- Work well independently as well as part of a team
- Problem solver/creative solutions
- Good initiative
- Able to follow instructions