Our client is one of the market leading Design and Build companies that specialise in workplace.
Their objective is a simple one: to transform office design for the benefit of people and business. As a design-led agency with 90 employees, all our clients office refurbishment services are in-house.
They take time to learn about our clients and create a tailored project team of the perfect experts to match projects and businesses. Put simply, the most important thing for us is people. It is at the heart of our business and through stunning office designs, they create a work/love balance for all.
Our client specialise in the design and build market which means your role will be varied and challenging; you will be required to work across several briefs to create compelling and original design work for our potential future clients' needs.
The ideal candidate will need to be able to use your initiative to work without close supervision and reach tight deadlines, primarily working on your own projects. You will be presentable, confident with good client skills.
This role will require you to meet prospective client and discuss design briefs and develop these into pitches alongside the team.
- Responsible for the whole design process from concept designs through to concise technical package and realisation of your creative vision
- Create outstanding design solutions within our Small and Medium Enterprise team, working on a diverse range of projects.
- Work as an integrated and compelling member of the project design team to create outstanding design solutions which fulfil our potential client's needs and stretch their imaginations.
- Use all your sensory skills to consistently produce very high-quality creative responses to the clients' briefs, to help our client be appointed on pitches in which you participate or originate.
- Undertake site survey work to produce base build drawings, apply for building control and create design risk registers for each project.
- Present design schemes in the format of mood boards and visuals to support the sales team's successful award of projects and retention of clients.
- Work closely alongside the pre-construction and Project Directors to adhere to client budget.
- To pitch design solutions to clients either on your own or as part of an integrated team.
- Ensure good client liaison and co-ordination for the designs you are responsible for and offer exceptional client service through speed, transparency and honesty.
- Contact with sub-contractors and suppliers in relation to technical details, availability of product and cost information when working to budgets.
- Compile technical drawing packs for the build process & O&M information including as-builts and finishes schedules
- To openly share your views with the wider team and participate in the success strategy of the business. Undertake research into new products, finishes, furniture, exhibitions and trends for the design team.
- On specific projects the designer will act as account manager, taking a brief from the client, developing the concept for presentation, preparing the specification and cost plan and managing the project through to a successful completion. Assistance will be given by the Small and Medium Enterprise Manager to develop this aspect.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of relevant experience as Project Designer
- A strong working proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop, Sketch-up and InDesign
- Skills in showing ideas through hand sketches preferred, or the use of Sketch Up to express ideas to collaborate with visualisers and precontracts
- Creative skills that are focused and can work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced industry
- Working towards specified fit-out and furniture budgets
- Understanding of how design concepts can be translated into technical packages
- Some knowledge of the legislative issues within the industry
- Confident personality, with team player attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential