NEC Supervisor / Clerk of Works - TEMP 6 months - Site based, Aberdeen
Your new company
A multidisciplinary consultancy currently have an opportunity for a NEC Supervisor / Clerk of Works to join their Infrastructure division (with a home base in Aberdeen). This new role is required to assist with the delivery of multiple projects within the residential and commercial sectors within the Greater Aberdeen Area.
Your new role
This role will be INSIDE IR35
The candidate will be expected to undertake the role of Supervisor as defined under the NEC contract but
consideration will be given to individuals who have significant, relevant experience as a Clerk of Works
with the potential for further training to be provided.
The role will involve undertaking technical reviews of design proposals along with carrying out regular site
inspections to monitor progress and quality of works post-contract.
- Act as the Supervisor as required under the NEC suite of contracts.
- Undertake technical review of design proposals at Outline Design and Detailed Design
- Performing regular site inspections to monitor progress and quality of works on site.
- Provide weekly written reports to the Project Manager and attend monthly project progress meetings during construction phase.
- Perform snagging and defect inspections as required under the contract.
- Ensuring Contractor performs responsibilities under the Contract.
- Proactive liaison with Contractor to identify potential issues and monitor programme.
What you'll need to succeed
- CSCS Card Holder, or to be obtained ASAP
- Considerable experience undertaking NEC Supervisor role (or similar), both at pre and post contract stages
- Experience of Housing and Education related construction projects
- NEC supervisor accreditation would be an advantage
- Membership of Institute of Clerk of Works would be an advantage
- Membership of RICS/CIAT or similar
- Experience of working with contractors and of design and build procurement
- View Job Posting Details 09:30 AM
- Full driving licence and own Transport (mileage will be paid for business use)
- Be able to use the full Microsoft office suite
- Customer focused with excellent client relationship management skills
- Ability to adapt to different working environments to build rapport with clients Be available to travel across the UK and work away from home, when required
- Holds a valid UK driving licence
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.