Gleeds - Senior Building Surveyor
Your new company
Gleeds is an independent global Real Estate and Construction consultancy, specialising in Cost Management, Project Management, Building Surveying and Strategic Advisory. With over 1900 staff, across 73 offices and 6 continents, they have built their reputation on delivering award-winning projects around the world. Their projects span infrastructure, healthcare, data centres, life sciences, manufacturing and logistics sectors to name a few. They are growing rapidly and looking to meet with experienced Building Surveyors to join their Milton Keynes team.
Your new role
Due to expansion we have an opportunity for Building Surveyors to join our Milton Keynes team. You will be responsible for managing building surveying commissions, including surveys, dilapidation advice, party wall advice, and construction projects for new builds, renovations and maintenance works and general surveying. You will work on projects within both the private and public sector across the Midlands region with occasional travel to current clients based in London.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting business unit directors in delivering business objectives
- Positively engaging with customers and developing, growing, and maintaining customer relationships
- Delivering high quality services and ensuring that building surveying deliverables meet customer's requirements
- Managing projects to deliver high quality services and deliverables in accordance with business procedures
- Managing building surveying commissions, including surveys, dilapidation advice, party wall advice, and construction projects for new builds, renovations and maintenance works - from feasibility through to design, contract administration to handover and post completion reviews
- Quality monitoring of construction projects
- Planning service delivery in conjunction with the Director with overall responsibility for the project;
- Agreeing with the director and client the right sub-consultants to assist with delivery of a commission. Following the approved procedures for appointing Sub-Consultants
- Communicating with and providing good sound professional advice to both clients and other project team members
- Ensuring that all quantitative and financial information has been independently checked before issue, including maintaining evidence of independent checks
- Remaining in the remit of your role and when additional responsibilities need to be carried out, conduct this in a fully informed manner with the approval of your line manager
- Producing and presenting to customers
- Mentoring and coaching employees to their full potential
- Preparing bids for services
- Managing services delivery for profit
- Advising directors promptly of any issues that have arisen, or that might arise, on projects; in particular those that might impact on Gleeds professional indemnity (PI) insurance
- Identifying new business development opportunities and driving growth across the Business Unit activities
What you'll need to succeed
Sound Building Surveying experience post MRICS qualification;Sound knowledge and practical experience of delivery of building surveying tasks;Cohesive knowledge of construction methods and materials;Thorough knowledge of construction procurement strategies, including tendering and contract strategies;Ability to administer construction contracts as Contracts Administrator and Employers Agent;Clear understanding of legislation impacting on building contracts;Clear and effective communication skills - both oral and written;Good organisational skills and the ability to quickly adapt to changes;Excellent problem solving, negotiating skills, financial and numeracy management skills;Ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily;Sound ICT Skills, with a high level of proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;Ability to work as part of a team and lead teams.
- MRICS (Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors)
What you'll get in return
- Opportunities to develop and grow your career
- A contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Our Global Travel Scholarship Programme
- Flexible working arrangements
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.