Space Manager job / 6 months / Temp /
Your new role
6 month rolling contract
Full time: 36 hours a week
Reporting to Head of Estates, your role will be to lead the space management service, taking direct responsibility for the efficient management and control of the organisations huge assets (internal and external) and will hold full responsibility for the planning and implementation of all changes in the allocation of space.
These assets cover circa 150 buildings, across 200 acres.
You will play an active role in the space management strategy for the estate, which will include undertaking space reviews, room surveys and ensuring the space data is recorded, and kept up to date and will be expected to use tools such as the new Integrated Workplace Management System Planon.
The Space Manager will work collaboratively across the Estates function and with management to ensure that Space change requirements are funded and effectively managed through the Estates change processes. Additionally, working closely with the Estates Environment, and Operations teams, will act as requirements owner for the evolution of space capabilities and services.
As a member of the Estates Development Team, you will assist the Heads of Development with the master planning and strategic development of the wider estate providing space data, analysis and space briefs for a portfolio of multiple new-build capital and refurbishment projects.
We currently work on a hybrid basis allowing some home working by agreement with your line manager, however majority of work will be on site.
What you'll need to succeed
- A relevant degree in an analytical, Space Management, Space Planning, Architecture discipline or equivalent demonstrable experience in a relevant field.
- Experienced in working with software solutions such as databases, Integrated Workplace Management Systems such as Planon or CAFM, spreadsheets etc to support business needs, including experience of preparing and extracting data.
- Demonstrable track record of presenting and reporting to senior and executive management bodies identifies key issues and findings.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and presentation capabilities.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving capability.
- Ability to prepare drawings using CAD Highly developed planning, organisational and prioritising skills.
- Capability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines.
- Current UK driving licence and entitlement to drive
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.