We are looking for min. Part II / Part III Architect and Architectural Technologists with experience, ideally across a range of listed and contemporary buildings.
We are an established London-based practice, with a growing portfolio of work across a diverse range of sectors, with a team of hands-on Partners and skilled Architects. This role requires taking responsibility for projects from start to finish, including preparing drawings and specifications and working collaboratively with a Partner. For some projects, you will be required to liaise directly with clients, consultants, and contractors; on others, you will work collaboratively in an in-house team. An eye for detail is essential together with experience of modern industrial buildings.
Role & Responsibilities
- Working on numerous projects from inception to completion RIBA stages 0-7
- Preparing designs and submission for planning approval
- Ensuring CDM requirements are satisfied
- Preparing detailed designs, working drawings and specifications.
- Overseeing projects on site including site inspections
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest statutory building regulations
- Ensure the running of the project is kept within the financial goal and deadlines
- Working alone and within small teams as projects require
- Reporting to the Partners on project progress
- Some projects are outside of London and will require travel.
Required Skills & Experience for Architect/ Architectural Technologist
- Recent Part III Qualified, ARB registered, Architect OR
- Part II with 2 years of experience or more OR
- A CIAT qualification, or a university degree in Architectural Technology or equivalent
- UK work experience in a building design capacity, including extensive experience of production information on a range of projects
- Understanding of working on existing buildings
- Experience of working on new build/design and build projects is desirable
- Experience of working through a variety of RIBA stages
- Able to demonstrate a practical approach and experience of construction detailing
- Knowledge of UK Building Regulations
- Good working knowledge of Vectorworks would be advantageous
- Applicant must be based in the UK and be able to show evidence of eligibility to work in the UK
- An interest in sustainability and historic buildings is desirable
- A driving license is advantageous
Our office is located inside the vibrant Grade I listed Union Chapel, very close to Highbury & Islington tube station. We are a family-friendly practice and are fully set up for remote working and can discuss flexible working hours if this is suitable.
Full-time position; salary dependant on experience.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and portfolio to:
We regret that due to the number of applications we will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates.
No agencies, please.