This renowned practice, operating from America and the UK, is looking for an ambitious and personable IT Technician to join its London office as they continue to innovate in the architectural world. This practice boasts a diverse portfolio of completed projects, having produced a multitude of complex and visually striking buildings across the United States and abroad.
This IT Technician role will see you as the first point of contact for IT queries for both onsite and remote staff, providing technical support to a team of around 50 architects and designers. This position offers excellent scope for career development and represents a fantastic opportunity to join the team at an exciting point in the studios growth.
You will have a wide remit of responsibility and serve as the knowledge base and leading support member for all technical issues. Responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical and project coordination services to support and maintain computer systems and networks
- Monitoring systems usage and needs
- Researching, identifying and recommending software and applications
- Implementing policies and best IT practices and proposing IT budgets alongside senior staff
- Providing IT support to staff as and when required
- Assisting in installation, fit-out and servicing/replacement of computer equipment
- Escalating IT issues when required in liaison with BIM teams and external IT consultancy
- Liaising with international management teams for coordination and development of companywide policies
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to work autonomously, prioritise effectively and have a superior knowledge of computer systems and networks alongside previous experience working within architecture or the wider built environment. To be considered for this role you must possess:
- 3+ years’ experience in an IT support role
- Proficiency with a broad range of networking and systems hardware and software
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build rapport with staff at all levels
- The ability to explain technical issues to both technical and non-technical staff
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- An eagerness to learn new skills
- Experience with an array of systems and software including - MS Office, Adobe Suite, Newforma, NBS Chorus, Autodesk, Enscape, SketchUp, Bluebeam, BIM360 and Cisco VPN
Training and guidance can be provided however prior knowledge of the above is extremely beneficial.
This sociable practice has a welcoming and inclusive culture and regularly hosts social and sporting events for all staff as well as providing a generous range of benefits, work perks and professional growth and development plans to help you thrive.
So, if you’re an experienced IT professional looking to join a practice on the up and work within a creative and dynamic industry - apply today!