The purpose of the role is to: survey, repair/replace and maintain building & civil engineering installations and systems throughout the organisations operational buildings and residential properties, ensuring they are fit for operational priorities/purposes whilst complying with relevant statutory/legislative requirements.
The key result areas in the role are as follows:
- Manage service delivery activities relating to the maintenance of building and civil engineering installations of operational facilities and residential properties to ensure they are suitable/fit for operational use and comply with statutory/legislative requirements.
- Manage implementation of building and civil engineering servicing/PPM, demonstrating an understanding of the complexity of the interface between old/new systems working alongside each other, ensuring the estate remains fully operational.
- Prepare building and civil engineering specifications/schedules for planned new works and PPM contracts, demonstrating the necessary technical knowledge and experience to ensure they are in full compliance with relevant Health & Safety regulations and Approved Codes of Practice.
- Tender, appoint, supervise and quality assure activities of consultants/contractors to ensure their work achieves acceptable value for money and is completed to required quality standards.
- Prepare detailed technical information for effective condition surveys of building and civil engineering infrastructure in order to compile robust/comprehensive condition reports which enable prioritised planned maintenance programmes to be developed.
- Support the Senior Building Surveyor SBS in maintaining key operational facilities, and their associated building and civil engineering infrastructure that are essential to support and sustain the organisations critical front-line services.
- Provide detailed information to support the SBS in the annual process of assessing the financial requirements for budget development purposes, ensuring funding needs are identified and robustly prioritised. Approved expenditure can then be committed in accordance with the Department's internal procedures and comply with financial regulations.
- Take the lead technical role on a basis for key servicing contract items as allocated/delegated by the SBS to ensure that the B&CE elements of the estate comply with legislative/statutory requirements and that the buildings continue to be operationally resilient.
- Implement operating procedures for building and civil engineering systems to ensure compliance with all relevant statutory and Health & Safety requirements and procedures.
The knowledge or skills required in the role are as follows:
- A recognised qualification in building construction or building maintenance, e.g. BTEC, HNC or HND in Building Construction.
- Experience of managing and the maintenance/servicing of building installations within owner occupied/leased buildings in a property portfolio covering a wide geographical area.
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience in the application of all forms of legislation and regulations relating to building and civil engineering works.
- Experience of instructing and managing consultants/contractors, setting a high standard of technical service delivery and monitoring performance including compliance with Health and Safety procedures.
- Competent IT skills; familiarity with the use of the Microsoft Office suite including the creation of Excel spreadsheets.
- Fully conversant with relevant Health & Safety legislation including a sound understanding of the CDM Regulations.
- Possessing an appropriate Asbestos Surveying and Sampling qualification or willing to obtain this qualification while in post.
- Must have the capability to travel to different locations. Due to the requirement to work flexibly, public transport may not be available or suitable when travel is undertaken and for this reason a full UK driving licence is essential.
For more information regarding this role then please call Sarah on 0118 907 0328.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.