Our client is a public sector organisation based in a easily commutable part of Hertfordshire, they are looking for a Building Surveyor to join their repairs team immediately. Due to the pandemic, they are facing aa number of cases that need attention. The team is very friendly and flexible hybrid working options are available as they encourage a healthy work life balance.
You will be expected to deal with a number of aid and adaptation cases as well as :
- Inspection of properties and diagnosis of property defects and an understanding of building pathology
- Up to date knowledge or current building regulation
- Appropriate understanding of Health and Safety
- Understanding of the client contractor relationship and the types of contracts
- An understanding of cost engineering and VFM, using SoR coding for raising works, quote analysis and compiling scope of works
- Experience of undertaking and progressing Mutual exchange/legal disrepair/structural repairs/flood, fire &impact damaged properties
- Understanding of rechargeable repairs
- Compose responses to stakeholders
Successful candidates will need to have experience of working on aids and adaptations and the following;
- Experience of working with housing providers
- Minimum 5 years post qualification experience
- Relevant technical qualification e.g. MRICS (Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors) or MCIOB (Member of the Chartered Institute of Building)
You will receive competitive rates as well as flexible hybrid working options within a friendly team, the location is easily commutable form surrounding locations.