Our client is a UK Building Design practice with over 800 engineers and architects delivering projects across Cities & Development, Education, Residential, Aviation, Defence, Energy, Manufacturing, Highways, Water and Rail & Logistics buildings. They are looking for both an Associate Sustainability Consultant and Senior Sustainability Consultant to join their growing team. You will be an integral part of their team of dedicated Building Design sustainability and carbon professionals and work with their clients at the corporate, strategic and project level to drive carbon strategies and the transition to Net Zero.
- Associate - Lead a team of project delivery consultants and liaise with project director/ manager/ technical lead/ reviewer responsible for new build and retrofit projects central and local government and other project promoters.
- Senior - Delivery and reporting on project sustainability targets, and liaison with project director/ manager/ technical lead/ reviewer responsible for new build and retrofit projects central and local government and other project promoters.
- Providing technical sustainability support to clients in a wide range of areas.
- Knowledgeable of UK Government policy and other industry initiatives that relate to energy use and sustainable developments.
- Generate good working relationships with internal and external clients
- Bid preparation, budgetary, project and team management/mentoring responsibilities.
Skills and Experience
- The successful candidate will be educated to degree/higher degree level in a sustainability / environment / climate change / carbon management related discipline and will have achieved chartered status and / or full or fellow membership of a recognised relevant professional body.
- You will possess strong carbon and net zero related expertise; a wide range of skill sets and a willingness to become involved in a broad selection of projects.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and experience working collaboratively with a range of technical specialists at different levels.
- Be highly self-motivated, possessing strong enthusiasm and commitment to delivering sustainable outcomes.
- Be flexible, adaptable and prepared to take on new challenges
- Have strong report writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Have experience of UK climate change, carbon and net zero regulations, guidance and standards. Knowledge of international regulatory frameworks, guidance and standards would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of standards and methods for assessing and reporting on carbon performance of infrastructure projects
- Excellent verbal communicator with the ability to present with confidence to a wide range of audiences and communicate technical concepts simply and clearly
- Good working knowledge of BREEAM is essential, and candidates will ideally be certified as BREEAM Accredited Professional (Design & Site). Knowledge of WELL, LEED, NABERS etc. would be an advantage.