Hays recruitment is in partnership with a public sector organisation who are seeking a qualified surveyor to join their Property and Corporate Asset Management Team.
This role will be focused on delivery of the capital programme and the successful candidate will play a key role in dedicated project teams providing professional advice and input on property matters including leasing, development, possession strategy and property management issues.
Ideally you will have local authority knowledge and experience of capital project delivery along with being well organised is key to the success of this role. Having excellent communication skills, ability to stand-alone and possessing strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- To be a key member of the team responsible for the delivery of a portfolio of complex high profile, multi million pound capital development and regeneration projects, working collaboratively with both internal teams, external contractors and consultants.
- To play a key role within project teams providing advice and input relating to property matters including leasing, development, possession strategy and property management issues on redevelopment and regeneration projects.
- To be responsible for contributing to the effective delivery of allocated individual projects as required in support of service objectives.
Role responsibilities and main duties:
- Provide professional advice at all stages of the project cycle from concept development, through feasibility and detailed design/technical specification through to delivery and evaluation.
- Making recommendations on the advice required to support each stage of the project.
- The ability to be client to external advisors and interpret and communicate the advice received to make clear recommendations to none property colleagues. Understanding the impact of this advice on the project.
- Able to clearly communicate risks, benefits and alternatives considered when providing advice to the Project Board.
- Support the project manager through the relevant governance process where required.
- Informing the development of masterplans and other strategic development documents to deliver long term change.
- Building and maintaining strategic and local relationships across a range of key stakeholders.
- Understanding of the Property Market including building relationships with landowners and commercial agents. Excellent general knowledge of property occupation legislation and its impact on development.
- Knowledge of Local Authority legislation around best value and required governance to support transactions.
- A team player delivering collaborative engaging partnerships with a number of external and internal stakeholders including regeneration, finance and legal.
- Excellent commercial acumen and the ability to represent the organisation in a market facing role. Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Contribute to the implementation of good/best practice principles relevant to the work area.
- Deliver strong decision making skills with the ability to stand-alone and reflect conflicting priorities such as financial return vs carbon reduction.
- Project Management - support team and lead individual projects, where required, at all stages of the project cycle. Ensuring that key project level information including associated risks and budget are in place and regularly updated and reported as required.
- Undertake such other duties and responsibilities as determined by the Transactions Manager that are consistent with the level and nature of the post including deputising for the Transactions Manager as required.
- To monitor service area delivery and support continuous service improvement, challenging existing practice and actively seeking ways of achieving greater outcomes and leaner delivery Ensure the involvement of and consultation with stakeholders in the delivery of services as required through strong engagement and collaboration.
- Liaising with prospective tenants, existing tenants, third party advisors and internal and external stakeholders where required ensuring a high standard of communication and service is achieved at all times.
If this role is of interest then please call Sarah on 0118 907 0328 or apply now.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.