We care about your career and are known for having the absolute best people in the industry. When you join us as a Global Head of Technical Services you start a unique opportunity to become celebrated as the very best in your field. You’ll learn not only from your fellow Legends, but also through our award-winning learning academy, so that you can achieve the highest standards of craft, service, and leadership and become a legend in your own story.
What you'll get
As the Global Head of Technical Services at Dorchester Collection, here are just some of the great benefits you will receive:
- Complimentary stays with breakfast included in all 9 Dorchester Collection hotels – stay twice a year at each hotel!
- 50% off at bars and restaurants within all of our Dorchester Collection hotels
- World class development opportunities
- Social events throughout the year,
- Workday Lunches in the form of a prepaid contactless card
- season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Exclusive Access to a discount platform featuring 1000s of retailers
- Private medical insurance
- Competitive retirement scheme
What you'll do
You’ll love what you do and take pride in delighting our guests:
- You will be responsible for providing architectural, design and direction to major hotel refurbishment projects as required
- You’ll also support our hotels in major project planning, scope and design and in capital expenditure planning and review/approve expenditure requests as required by Corporate Finance team
- International travel to our current properties and proposed projects would be required and would be planned accordingly
- You will periodically review and advise on application of DC property standards
- You will support hotels and corporate team in preparation and review of annual and 10 year capital planning
- Review and advise on new hotel development opportunities as required by Global Development Director, and support them in presentations and meetings as required
- You will also prepare project reviews, advise development partners on suitability of projects and assist in negotiations to develop suitable project properties.
- Our values of, Passion, Personality, Respect, Working Together and Creativity guide us each and every day. As a part of our team you’ll have the opportunity to bring these to life and continue to create our legacy.
The items shared are the essence of a day in the life of our Global Head of Technical Services but we’ll make sure you are provided with specifics on how we care for our Collection.
What you'll bring
- You’ll bring your unique personality and passion to the role and the team
- You’ll bring upscale luxury hotel experience to the role
- You have qualifications in Architecture or an associated discipline such as interior design
- You have a talent for reading and working with architectural drawings, and have good computer application skills including AutoCAD, Project, and Microsoft Office
- Communication is what keeps our departments running perfectly. You have great communication skills with a strong customer service ethic.
- English is the primary language used in our hotel. You can comfortably communicate in this language. Knowledge of a second language is advantageous
- You will have prior experience in luxury hotel property development and appraisal, and be familiar with hotel operations
- Knowledge and interest in global luxury hotel design, latest design developments and innovation in the sector