Planner/ Urban Designer & Urban Design Assistant
Hays Architecture are working with a very busy Architectural practice who are looking to appoint an Urban Designer/ Planner and Urban Design Assistant.
This is a superb opportunity to work with leading specialists in the field of Residential Architecture; delivering projects for major national housebuilders from project inception to detailed planning permission for project sizes generally from 30 homes up to 2,500 homes.
The role of the Urban Designer/Planner is to assist, support and advise the company's designers at every stage in the evolution of a scheme.
- Research into the policy context - local and national - as it pertains to the design of each residential development.
- Neighbourhood characterisation and establishing site parameters to guide the development of the scheme.
- Liaison with the Client to understand their overarching requirements and aspirations.
- Assisting with/managing the preparation of pre-application submissions.
- Assisting with the evolution of the scheme as it is being prepared for a Planning Application.
- Assisting with/managing the preparation of the Design and Access Statement.
- Preparation of other supporting information including Members' briefing documents/presentations, addendums, materials for public consultation etc.
Experience and skills required:
- The experience and skills to accurately investigate the local policy and guidance parameters for a prospective site, and to accurately summarise this context for the design team and client.
- Proficient and articulate written communication skills with a good urban design vocabulary.
- Sufficient knowledge of InDesign to progress written documents and to incorporate basic graphics and page layouts.
- You must be able to drive and own a vehicle.
AutoCAD, SketchUp and 3ds Max are used in the office and some experience using these might be an advantage as the role evolves.
If this role is of interest please apply or call Sarah on 0118 907 0328.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.