This specialist graphic design practice is searching for an accomplished Midweight Strategist to join their exceptional team of enthusiastic, creative and driven designers in the central London studio. This position will see you working in tandem with an internationally renowned architectural practice that boasts an impressive portfolio of innovative projects at the forefront of modern design.
The practice in question provides industry leading wayfinding, placemaking and information graphics within the built environment on an international scale across a vast array of industry sectors. With a real commitment to sustainability and outstanding design quality, this practice is quickly becoming a household name within environmental graphic design.
This Midweight Strategist role will see you working closely with the Senior Design Manager and Project Lead to devise and deliver strategy solutions for high profile wayfinding projects.
This is a key position that is essential to the success of the studio’s projects. As an overview, responsibilities will include:
- Conducting research to add insight and value in order to achieve project goals
- Proactively researching the newest approaches to strategic thinking, keeping abreast of industry best practice
- Effective presentation of wayfinding strategy to clients
- Conducting on-site reviews and audits of existing wayfinding systems and environments
- Analysis of movement patterns through a range of environments and building types
- Interpreting and analysing wayfinding and behavioural patterns of end users – establishing key decision/key destination points within projects
- Preparation of signage audits and wayfinding strategic reports
- Transposing wayfinding strategy into information packs, schedules and location plans
- Working closely with internal and external 2D and 3D design teams to ensure effective project integration
- Liaising with contractors and supporting procurement
- Supporting the preparation of tender documents
As a vital figure within the strategy planning team, you must possess:
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings and 3D product design drawings
- In-depth knowledge of Accessibility and Legibility guidelines
- High level of interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively present ideas, organise and communicate your thoughts
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision
- Excellent computer knowledge and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office
- 4 years’ experience developing all stages of the wayfinding strategy development process
So, if you’re passionate about graphic and architectural design and you’re looking to put your strategic skills to good use within a unique and specialist studio, please get in touch ASAP – we can’t wait to hear from you!