As part of the architectural team, this role focuses on the development of masterplans for medium- and large-scale projects across the UK and internationally. It's an expansive remit, working across conceptual/strategic thinking and city-scale/regional masterplanning, through to the design of buildings and the production of detailed urban design guidelines and development frameworks.
- Act as the lead for selected masterplanning projects, managing both internal and external stakeholders to ensure delivery from concept through to detailed stages.
- Design independently and as part of a wider team – understanding the full complexities of the urban design process, e.g. transport, economics, infrastructure, design codes and guidelines etc.
- Role model values and contribute towards a collaborative environment in which innovation is encouraged and best practice shared.
- Build a network across the business and seek leadership opportunities by directing and supporting junior team members.
- Make a positive contribution towards project meetings and client presentations.
- Develop a working understanding of cost control, fee charging and project finance, and consider how project fees are maximised without threat to client relationship and repeat work.
Skills and Experience
- Degree in urban planning / architecture / landscape architecture and an MA in urban design (or equivalent)
- Minimum of five years' experience in leading projects across a wide range of project sectors including infrastructure/transport, urban regeneration, residential masterplanning and have worked across UK, Middle East, Asia and Africa
- Deadline driven, and capable of co-ordinating and leading projects with limited supervision.
- Confident in presenting to, coordinating and liaising with clients and consultants
- Good hand-sketching skills