One of Scotland premier Architects seek talented BIM Manager to join their studio.
Your new company
One of Scotland's premier Architect firms seek talented Architect or Technologist to serve as the company's BIM Manager. The particulars of the job will be to specialise in design led projects, including refurbishment & new build projects across, commercial, arts, cultural, education and housing associations. This company is renowned for their award-winning architecture, and have enjoyed a very successful last 3-5 years, having almost doubled their staff quite naturally over that period. This growth has saw them look at their business structure and identify the need for a BIM Manager as they look to further develop their business.
Your new role
- BIM is already being widely used within the practice, where some staff members already have years of usage on the software on live projects under their belt.
- The BIM Manager will be required to oversee these staff in their development, and assist with the quality of the Revit models being produced, in addition to promoting the efficient/effective use of BIM on all projects.
- You will lead BIM planning sessions and assisting project teams in properly set up their models to comply with office standards and best practices
- Review project Revit models at key milestones for consistency with company standards, level of development, and efficient modelling practices
- Maintaining the existing BIM standards, templates, and family development
- Troubleshooting model issues and supporting project teams with their AutoCAD and Revit questions
- Planning and executing beginner, intermediate, and advanced Revit and other Design Applications training courses for employees
- Planning and executing continuing education for advances in BIM technology
- Coordinating Autodesk software updates with Information Technology
- Work on multiple projects from a BIM Coordinator perspective
- Assist with the advancement in their level ability with BIM. (COBie etc)
What you'll need to succeed
- You need to be compliant to BIM level 2 standards
- You will need to have had experience in a similar type of role within your current practice.
- Be proficient in Revit.
- Be able to train staff, who will have different levels of ability with BIM
- Have experience in Navisworks and COBie
What you'll get in return
- Very competitive salary
- A chance to work for an award-winning practice
- Involvement in the design process or projects
- Involvement in the development of staff at all levels
- A lot of autonomy in the role, where you will get the opportunity to put your own stamp on the role
- A chance to work on projects across a wide variety of sectors
- A very flexible working environment, with nor formal office working policy.
What you need to do now
This is a phenomenal opportunity that does not come around too often within the architectural market. As an expert recruiter within the Glasgow Architectural market, I would be keen to speak with you, or anyone who you may feel appropriate for this role on a confidential basis regarding this position. You contact me on 0141 212 3660 or apply directly to the role through this advert. I look forward to hearing from you.