Hays are in partnership with an established and respected private sector organisation who are seeking a Facilities Manager to join their team.
You will join their Facilities team, where they work hard to create the best working environment for their team members in their UK and overseas offices, prioritise team members' health, safety, and wellbeing and ensure all buildings and facilities are functioning well, meeting the current and future needs of the organisation.
- Operations of all UK sites.
- Overall responsibility for all UK sites ensuring smooth running of daily operations. Environments include office and workshop facilities.
- Support "pop up" facilities used for short term projects whilst teams are on deployments.
- Working closely with site leads at all sites to ensure sites are running safety and efficiently.
- Contract management.
- Ensure all contracts are with the right providers for the business with efficiency and cost effectiveness considered as priorities.
- Management of tender process for new contracts.
- Budget planning and control.
- Control and development of the UK property budget ensuring cost effectiveness.
- Site development and growth
- Continually development of practices, procedures and sites to ensure staff and client experience is of a high standard
- Control of allocation and management of space
- Overseeing renovations, refurbishment and other such building projects
- H&S, security and environmental.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring health, safety and security of all UK sites, working alongside the businesses H&S manager.
- Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards
- Support the UK facilities team with senior level management and approval
What you need to succeed:
- RICS AssocRICS or MRICS
- Demonstrable experience of working with large, multi site facilities
- Previous line management experience - natural leader
- Experience of large budget management and contract negotiations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely organised Work well in team environment
- Clean driving licence with regular access to a vehicle
- Ability to lead and manage teams and projects
If this role is of interest please apply now or call Sarah on 0118 907 0328.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.