Landscape Director for Reading based international multi-disciplinary studio
An established planning and design practice is looking for a talented and experienced Landscape Director to join their ambitious team in Reading. This practice has a wide portfolio of projects across the UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia, and America. Their current portfolio is based primarily in the Middle East with several major design projects underway ranging from strategic master planning through to the detailed design stage.
This role will involve working across high profile and mid to large-scale projects, both in the UK and internationally. The role will see you as Head of the Landscape Architecture team leading work on defined elements of a project with limited guidance and supervision.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading and managing complex projects, pro-active coordination with internal and external design disciplines to achieve high quality, consistent set of design documents
- Proactively checking and coordinating project documents including multi-disciplinary drawings, design reports, design calculations and technical specifications
- Ensuring the highest quality standards are met
- Leading and directing assistants and mentoring junior members of staff
As an ideal candidate you will have:
- A degree in Landscape Architecture or equivalent
- A portfolio including a wide selection of work, from concept design sketches through to technical details/built work with experience in the Middle East
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Suite & SketchUp with Revit and GIS knowledge an advantage but not essential
- Excellent technical understanding as well as excellent design, first class graphics and passion for place making.
- Excellent communication skills.
This role has a competitive salary along with a range of benefits which includes travel and an attractive pension scheme.
If this role sounds perfect for you, then do not hesitate to apply today!