Building Physics Engineer | Manchester | Up to £45k
Your new company
Due to an increase in workload, this award-winning Engineering Consultancy are expanding their building physics team and are currently looking for a Building Physics Engineer to join them at their busy Manchester office.
Their Building Performance Engineering Department brings a fresh approach to M&E, and offers the expertise required for first-class environmental design of buildings including acoustics, building physics, façade performance, mechanical and electrical systems, lighting design, public health engineering, and low-zero carbon technologies. They work across all sectors, including commercial, industrial, manufacturing, logistics, retail, leisure and residential for end user clients, investors, developers, architects, and project managers or engineer-led project teams.
Your new role
Your key responsibilities will be to support in areas that include:
- Energy modelling and building simulation
- Completing projects for Part L compliance, CIBSE TM59/52, EPCs, CIBSE TM54 Operational Energy
- Early design modelling looking at passive design measures
- Liaison with design team, statutory authorities and contractors.
- Marketing/business development skills
What you'll need to succeed
- Proficient in IES VE building simulation software (Model IT, Apache Sim, Vista Pro, MicroFlo, VE Compliance)
- Significant and credible experience in building physics specifically energy modelling and building simulation.
- Completing projects for Part L compliance, EPCs, CIBSE TM59/52 Overheating Analysis
- Ability to take on a proactive role on projects.
- Experienced and confident liaising with design team and contractors.
- Strong communication, research and analysis skills.
- Motivated to reduce carbon emissions in the built environment.
- An understanding of Building Regulations, energy codes and planning requirements throughout the UK.
Desirable (non-essential) Requirements
- A good understanding of Mechanical Building Service Systems
- Knowledge of HVAC system modelling, HVAC components, controls and how the systems are operated.
- Knowledge of SAP methodology and assessment
- IES Accreditation
- OCDEA / LCC / LCEA qualifications.
- Degree in Building Physics or other relevant engineering discipline.
- Daylighting simulations.
- Knowledge of BREEAM / WELL and any other sustainable assessment methods
- A comprehensive knowledge of current building regulations and local planning codes.
What you'll get in return
In return for your loyalty and hard work, we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Private health care
- Health care cash plan
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Flexible working options available
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.