Sworders are seeking a qualified Architect, Technician or Technologist to join our established design team, based at either our Norfolk (Wells-next-the-Sea), Hertfordshire (Bishop's Stortford) or Warwickshire (Wolston) offices. This role is offered on a full or part time basis.
We are looking for a qualified Architect or Technologist/Technician to join our friendly team, to handle an increasing workload. The role will be based in one of the above offices, with workload predominantly oriented to the candidate’s preferred location. The work, though mainly residential, is varied ranging from the design of individual houses and the conversion of listed buildings through to larger scale strategic development sites.
The role includes (but is not limited to):
- The preparation of drawings for outline, detailed and reserved matters planning applications and occasionally for building regulations applications.
- Occasional masterplan layouts for large scale residential schemes if this is of interest to the successful candidate
- Preparation of drawings for planning conditions and s106 requirements
- Interacting with other members of the Design Team to exchange ideas and provide mutual support
The successful candidate should have:
- Architects: ARB Registered, RIBA membership an advantage
- Technologists/Technicians: MCIAT (preferred) or ACIAT
- Excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD and Vectorworks
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent graphical and technical skills
- A full UK driving licence & own transport
Our design team comprises a mixture of Architects, Technologists and Technicians. The team work closely with our RICS surveying and RTPI/RICS planning colleagues to deliver projects for a diverse client base.
Terms and Conditions
Salary will depend on experience. Sworders have a discretionary bonus system. We pay professional subscriptions and fund approved CPD.
Sworders offers a generous holiday allowance, flexitime working hours and hybrid office/home working; enabling individuals to work in a way that suits their circumstances.