Are you an Experienced Associate or Director Level Architect with solid team leadership and project running experience?
Our client has won multiple government contracts which have initiated the need for them to make numerous strategic hires, beginning with the planned appointment of Team Leaders (Associate Directors) in two key hubs in the UK.
You will be the first architectural hire for the new location and will be instrumental in the creation of a team of architectural professionals. You will be located in a new office space and work alongside a multi-disciplinary team which includes Structural, M+E, BIM, Sustainability, and Environmental Specialists.
Your main points of contact will be the Project Managers that work in-house and so there is no need for you to possess any real business development skills beyond being a strong communicator and a people person. You will be a strong project-running and team-running professional that is happy to be hands-on initially whilst growing a team of architectural professionals around you.
All projects are run in Revit (BIM) and so this position is best suited to an individual that has proficiency with the software, however, should you have at least 1-2 BIM-based projects under your belt in more of a management capacity you will be considered.
With regards to sector experience, candidates MUST have experience working on UK government-based projects, ideally familiar with working with frameworks.
You will also need to possess solid experience managing projects from inception through to completion. Our client is ideally looking for an all-rounder that can add particular value on £5m-£15m projects at RIBA Stages 0-2, projects then go out to D+B for tender, followed by the successful individual than playing an integral monitoring role at the latter delivery stages. This requires the necessary technical understanding of projects in order to review, check and mark up later-stage documentation when necessary.
Company Culture + Design Ethos:
This is a global firm with an ethos that places its people first. This translates into everything, from what is widely acknowledged to be a great internal culture, to the flexibility they offer their staff.
We asked one of their long-term employees (and this firm has a very low turnover) what the top reasons they're still working for this company are.
They told us:
- "You have an opportunity to really grow and develop your career in a supportive environment"
- "There's a lot of flexibility and benefits they provide which makes it a secure place to work and they support working patterns that suit everyone."
It's also worth noting:
- As a multi-national company there are many opportunities for career progression - no glass ceilings or waiting for people to retire to get to the next level
- Recession proof - due to their size + the nature of their clients and workstreams, this company does not have a history of layoffs during downturns
Ideal candidate profile:
- Proven ability to manage £5m - £15m projects
- Ability to build and manage teams
- Previous experience operating at management level for a medium to large scale firm
- Excellent people skills
- Revit proficiency + track record of managing Revit/BIM-based projects (highly desirable)
- Experience working with frameworks
- Willingness to work collaboratively with engineers, consultants, BIM managers
If this is you, we would like to hear from you right away. Please apply today with your CV + folio
Please note this role requires the right to live + work in the UK