BIM Coordinator at Gort Scott
Gort Scott are looking for a BIM Coordinator. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical support to project teams as described below.
They will assist in defining the BIM process of a project, providing the project with a technical level of support as to how this can be implemented that enables the team to achieve a Level 2 BIM status, and to contribute to establishing and managing that workflow. The candidate may be assigned to a single project or may cover multiple smaller projects. They will report to the Integrated Technology Group and work closely with project BIM leads.
Gort Scott is an architecture and urban design practice with a focus on how buildings and places create the setting for connections between people. We are attuned to working and thinking at different scales, from one-off houses to planning pieces of city and in both the public and private sectors. We are inspired by the contexts in which we work and develop propositions that resonate with them.
We recognise the link between equality and quality, both in our practice and in the projects that we design. At our self-built Bermondsey studio, we have grown to an international community of over 30 members within a gender-diverse team. We are members of the London Practice Forum and LondonOn, collectives for collaboration, research and knowledge-exchange. We are co-founders of RE-SET-GO a paid workplace experience and mentoring programme established with the mission of diversifying architecture practices.
We are committed to working urgently to make the massive changes needed to end the built environment’s contribution to the climate and ecological emergency. This is integral to our wider purpose to create healthy environments for better connections between people, now and for the future.
The studio has won a number of awards including Wallpaper Best Private House, an AJ Retrofit Award, NLA Mayor’s Prize, a Civic Trust Award, RIBA National Award and shortlisted for the Architect of The Year Award.
- Assist with project set-up based on project BIM requirements and provide advice on best practice.
- Coordinate multiple projects using the agreed project standards.
- Maintain and adjust project standard documentation throughout the project workstages.
- Establish workflows based on BIM standards.
- Coordinate agreed workflows with design consultants.
- Participate with the Integrated Technology Group in providing assessments and training to internal staff members.
- Provide first and second line support of BIM systems.
- Helping to technically deliver BIM projects using design authoring tools.
- Provide technical support for BIM enabling software applications to the project team.
- Prepare project specific training documentation and project BIM execution plans.
- To share, develop and communicate workflows and procedures to the Project Technology Team.
- To contribute or otherwise assist as required.
- Opportunity to develop towards a BIM Manager role.
Qualities and Skills required:
- In-depth working knowledge of Revit and BIM enabling applications
- Experience of working in a project coordination role in a BIM workflow
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Able to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
- Resilient to cope with conflicting demands, able to prioritise duties and work effectively under pressure while remaining calm and professional at all times.
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility
- Flexible and adaptable
- Natural discourse toward digital design
- Digital design research and development enthusiast
- Knowledge of Navisworks, Dynamo.
- BIM Certification preferable
- Experience working in an architectural/engineering production environment
- Knowledge of Vectorworks, Rhino, Grasshopper, SketchUp.
Hours: 09.30 – 18.30 Monday to Friday (core hours 10.00-17.00)
Salary: Competitive salary according to experience
Benefits: We take a holistic approach to a health and wellbeing - benefits include flexible hybrid working model, extra holiday after 5 years’ service, extra holiday for the Christmas period, enhanced maternity/paternity/shared parental leave, pension scheme, Death in Service insurance policy, mentoring scheme, monthly show & tell, office trips and other social events, 2x paid volunteer day, up to 5x paid emergency care for dependents ½ days, discretionary bonus.
This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. This job description will be reviewed regularly and where necessary revised in accordance with organisational needs. Any major changes will be discussed with the post holder.
Gort Scott is an equal opportunities employer committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic, disabled and women candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the architecture profession.