Location: Flexible hybrid working and regular travel to their regional offices.
Hays Recruitment are in partnership with a private sector organisation based in Oxfordshire who are looking to recruit a Graduate Building Surveyor to join their team.
The successful candidate will join the property and development team and will spend time working with each of the main business functions. Your primary role will be to work with property and development colleagues who deliver both large and small capital projects as well as manage the acquisition disposal and construction of properties across the estate. In doing this, you will be involved in a variety of workstreams, including Property Management, Purchase and Sale, Strategic Real Estate, Corporate Real Estate, Landlord & Tenant, Leasing & Letting, Planning Development, Evaluation and Analytics.
You will be supported in enrolling onto the RICS Assessment of Professional Competence and will rotate through different functions of Asset Management over a two year period.
They will provide full APC support and be assigned a specific supervisor. You will be able to attend organised CPD events and have case study support which will increase your mandatory, core and technical skills required for the APC final assessment.
- Contribute to establishing strategy and wider policy initiatives that support the effective management of the estate and related assets
- Provide strategic advice within the organisation and to operational staff.
- To assist on space rationalisation and consolidation
- To Manage Landlord and Tenant property transactions, rent reviews tenancy, lease renewals, and tenancy agreements licenses
- To work within property maintenance - inspecting properties, attending meetings at both homes and with supply chain partners and identifying opportunities for maximising value for money.
- Undertaking property inspections with the Regional Estate Surveyors RES, obtaining quotes and instructing contractors to undertake the necessary work
- Supporting the RES with the completion and computation of JCT contracts and acting as supervising officer as required.
- Ensuring lease compliance and apportioning costs to the correct code.
- Undertaking inspections and measurement of property in accordance with the RICS Code of Measuring Practice/IPMS
- Proactively managing properties to ensure both residents and organisation staff have a safe and compliant environment.
- Work on budgets, expenditures, and reconciliations
- To update, manage and interrogate data on Planon
- To assist in bringing sites forward for disposal, de risking sites through planning.
- Advising on different methods of sale and demonstrating adding value. To work with senior managers to provide advice around site acquisitions.
- Manage a range of legal agreements including sale contracts, leases, and agreements for lease.
- Deal with transfers, split sites, overage recovery, deeds of covenant, S106, viability, release of restrictions, and letters of consent
- Weekly reporting and monitoring on progress contributing to the capital programme
- Liaising with planning departments on de-risking sites prior to disposal, carrying out inspections, measurements and valuations using RICS guidance documents, providing internal reports for the organisation.
Skills & Abilities:
- RICS accredited degree essential
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of Landlord and Tenant legislation, current relevant topics. To understand the premises directions and all RICS compliance
- Good time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Strong negotiation skills
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.