Senior Consultant (Net Zero Transition Team) | Remote/Hybrid
Your new company
Headquartered in the UK, our operations and customers are global with four regional offices around the world. We originated as a ground-breaking research and development organisation serving the electricity industry.
Our mission is to promote the development of resilient, accessible, low cost energy networks globally, accelerating the transition to energy decarbonisation. The world is emerging from a global pandemic and shifting to really focus on the challenge of achieving Net Zero to ensure a sustainable future. In response to the climate emergency, we want to be at the heart of the drive to achieve Net Zero in the UK and beyond, focusing on working with key stakeholders globally to help make the energy system fit for the future.
Within our Consultancy business, we are now looking for a Senior Consultant to join our Net Zero Transition team and work at the heart of ensuring a sustainable future.
Your new role
As a Senior Consultant, you will be tasked with leading on the delivery of a number of innovative projects focused on transitioning the energy system to a Net Zero future. You'll be involved in projects that demonstrate new technologies, commercial arrangements, operational processes or regulatory changes that facilitate a more sustainable future for our clients.
Your role will also involve:
- Working with distribution networks, local planning authorities, generators, large energy users and research bodies
- Representing our organisation at industry forums, working groups and conferences as well as client presentations
- Responsibility for developing project proposals and overseeing a sub-proposition within the NZT team
- Identifying innovative solutions to industry challenges
- Working with a diverse team to develop opportunities into potential projects
- Utilising standard toolsets to analyse, interpret and present findings from large and dispersed datasets
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered as a Net Zero Consultant, you will need:
- Experience of working in a distribution network, related consultancy or energy industry innovator
- Excellent presentation skills
- Have a strong analytical skillset
- Understanding of the commercial aspects associated with developing and delivering projects
- An understanding and ability to interpret the detailed technical challenges facing the energy networks and their customers along with articulating how these fit into the bigger picture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - in particular, established habits of clear and unambiguous email and technical document writing, and an ability to present an argument clearly and concisely
- Recognise the importance of continuous professional development and have achieved or working towards professional registration recognised body (i.e. Chartered Engineer)
- An undergraduate or higher-level degree and/or qualification in electrical or another relevant engineering / science discipline
What you'll get in return
We provide the perfect environment in which to take your career to new heights. As an expanding global enterprise, we can offer international career opportunities, we foster a promote-from-within policy and possess an Investors in People Gold Award.
Alongside a dynamic and rewarding working environment you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- 8% company pension contributions
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Flexible benefits including; private health care, critical illness cover, income protection, cycle to work scheme, Perkbox company discounts
- Full support for flexible working arrangements
- Continued professional development
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.