FRAME is partnering with a top AJ100 practice to recruit for a BIM Manager to join their established in-house BIM team.
My client is located in a superb area of London, in a modern open plan office with a rooftop terrace that's used for Friday afternoon drinks and team meetings. The practice operates a 4:1 hybrid working model and offers flexi working time as well. My client are at the forefront of BIM in the architectural world, having implemented a policy that all projects are aligned for BIM delivery in early 2015.
As the BIM Manager you will:
- Support digital deliverables by defining, planning and supporting company digital design offerings on a project by project basis
- Work with clients, design and construction teams and contractors to mitigate risks on projects
- Facilitate, lead and manage a range of activities including client and internal project team BIM workshops, strategic BIM project set up (including development of pre-construction BEP, and BIM in DRM), design team kick-off and handover meetings and fee proposals for digital services
- Research and suggest improvements to the company's approach to digital design and offering overall
- Document BIM workflow on projects, and monitor tools and processes across the software portfolio
- Support the team with continued development, including adding to the training schemes provided by the business where needed
In order to qualify for this role you will have:
- Excellent experience working on complex BIM projects
- Understanding of the architectural process, technical delivery and where relevant, have completed a relevant degree
- Experience delivering client workshops, strategic BIM project setup, design team kick-off and contractor novation on various BIM projects with values of £40m+
- Experience in delivering workshops and training in software & process
- 3+years’ experience delivering/supporting complicated architectural projects using Autodesk Revit, Naviswork and Bentley Microstation.
- Ideally you will also have a working knowledge of broader design tools such as Dynamo, Rhino, SketchUp, 3DSMax, Vray, FormIT, AutoCAD, Solibri and ArchiCAD etc
The practice offers a range of benefits including:
- A competitive salary that is reviewed annually
- Excellent progression opportunities
- A range of social and cultural benefits to include a yearly spring conference, city research trips each summer, sketch club, crafting, cookery classes, sports clubs, company curated gallery tours and completed project visits
- Pension, private medical and dental insurance, income protection, critical illness and life insurance as well as an employee assistance programme and enhanced parental leave
- The practice is employee owned and has a profit sharing scheme in place which can be entered into upon successful completion of your probationary period
If you are interested in this vacancy, please apply with your CV and I will be in touch to discuss the opportunity with you.