This leading UK based design & manufacturing company who specialise within the insulating products sector is urgently seeking a Head of Building Physics to join their growing team based at their central Lancashire office. This company develops and manufactures insulation products as well as offering advice & guidance on the best product to solve problems in difficult to insulate buildings. They have been at the forefront of the insulation sector for many years and their project expertise covers large-scale residential, barns, swimming pools, libraries, museums, hospitals and many more!
As the Head of Building Physics, you will be required to represent the company in technical aspects within the wider building / insulation community, working closely with external bodies and academia to ensure that the products remain at the forefront of research and development.
The main responsibilities for this role will include the following:
- Providing data sheets, specifications, Health and Safety data sheets and other technical literature
- Coordinating testing and trials of new products and processes to keep up to date with marketing developments
- Working with customers to develop new products and processes
- Arranging and supervising external testing as and when required
- Maintaining awareness of competition and evaluating competitor products
- Assisting with analysis, specifications, test methods and release queries in the laboratory
- Undertaking and advising upon U-values and condensation risk calculations
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills/attributes:
- Previous proven experience in the construction and architectural industry is essential
- Depth of experience in building projects with a particular emphasis on retrofitting older properties and a fabric first approach
- A good knowledge and understanding of building physics
- Experience of working with research, certification, and trade bodies
- An understanding and experience of roll-goods and non-woven manufacture preferable
- Experience within R&D laboratory / testing and quality environments desirable
- Experience in a leadership role within a technical setting at executive level
- Experience working in spheres specialising in the reduction of carbon emissions desirable
This role will require you to work full time in the office. You should be comfortable working in a small but dynamic manufacturing environment where initiative and flexibility is expected in a company with a very open culture that encourages innovation.
This role needs to be filled ASAP so please get in touch today for more information and a full job description!