Your new company
Our client is a public sector organisation based in an easily commutable part of Hertfordshire, they are looking for a Building Surveyor to join their repairs team to look after their aids and adaptations service on their council housing stock. The team is very friendly and flexible hybrid working options are available as they encourage a healthy work life balance.
Your new role
They will need previous experience in project managing aids and adaptations along with the following;
- Experience working within the construction industry / customer focused housing environment/ Evidence of continual professional development and training.
- Awareness of planning legislation, building regulations and health and safety (inc. work place H&S) regulations.
- An ability to make technical decisions and problem solve whilst ensuring value for money is delivered. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of how buildings are constructed and common defects.
- Ability to carry out surveys and inspections and producing reports utilizing a range of Microsoft products eg Word, Excel, Project and Outlook. Have analytical skills to manipulate and present data.
What you'll need to succeed
Successful candidates will need to have experience of working on aids and adaptations and the following, minimum 5 years post qualification experience and relevant technical qualification e.g. MRICS (Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors) or MCIOB (Member of the Chartered Institute of Building).
What you'll get in return
The organisation believes and supports a good work life balance and hybrid working options are available. The location is easily commutable from London and surrounding areas.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.