Architects - Employee-centric Studio
- Adrem Group
- £40000 - £50000 per annum
- Closing date
- 17 Feb 2023
- Job position
- Qualified / Chartered
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Function
Are you an architect who wants to work on the kind of world-class projects you'd get exposure to in a top AJ100, but also wants the benefits associated with a small to medium studio? This firm may be your ideal employer.
This studio has been competing with - and beating! - the likes of Hawkins/Brown, Allies + Morrison, Perkins + Will, NBBJ, etc for project wins. They're also leading the sustainability agenda and have multiple projects certified BREEAM excellent or outstanding.
They are industry specialists in labs + scientific research buildings, however they have a varied portfolio including residential, workplace, education, cultural + masterplanning/urban design.
Key USPs for this studio include:
- Exposure across different sectors + stages to become a true all-rounder. As an SME, everyone pitches in with everything - no "pigeonholing"! But without compromising on project quality (and no expecting staff to do ridiculous hours.)
- No glass ceilings - strong culture of internal promotion, this studio wants to bring people in who will grow + develop within the practice. You won't be forced to up + leave just to get a promotion
- Do you have a personal ambition to become a sustainability expert? Or a BIM champion? Whatever it is, this studio will dedicate time + resource to help you upskill + realise your potential
- Work side by side - literally - with architects from top firms with 20+ years' experience. In addition to learning through osmosis, there's also a senior staff member dedicated to mentorship + staff development who you can book 1-2-1 sessions with
- Never feel like a "cog in a machine" , as all your colleagues will know your name (and probably how you take your coffee)
- Converting to employee-owned trust early 2023 - when the firm does well, everyone gets rewarded
- If you're Part II - paid Part III, internal study groups + your own Part II mentor
Who are they looking for?
Currently, they're in urgent need of package leaders who have aspirations to go to the next level - this could be architects within 1-5 years of post-qualification experience, or even Part IIs with 2-3 years' experience post P2.
The immediate need right now is to work on 3 major life sciences projects (1 in design stages, 2 immediately post planning), however science/lab experience is not essential - having worked on large + complex UK-based projects, ideally AJ100 calibre, is good enough. And as we said, there's a varied portfolio of typologies for you to work on in due course. Plus you may end up working on multiple projects.
If you have only worked on the front end or only on delivery, that's ok too - very willing to train and develop talented people beyond what you've already done.
Design quality is essential.
Live Revit-based project experience is highly desirable - for candidates with an exceptional wealth of relevant experience, academic Revit may be considered, but ideally they're looking for people who have solid experience on Revit projects.
Right to live + work in the UK is essential for this role.
If this sounds like you, we would love to start a conversation. Send us your CV today.
Adrem Group is made up of former architects, designers and professional careers consultants who specialise in Architecture Jobs. We focus purely on architecture roles including Architects, Architectural Assistants, Architectural Technicians, BIM / Technical Managers, Landscape Architects, Space Planning and 3D Visualisers.
With over 30 years industry experience based in London, Adrem collaborates with the world’s most diverse and ground breaking architectural practices. We represent the most talented Architects around the world; listening to their aspirations and motivations and introducing them to like-minded practices for both permanent and contract roles. All candidates that we meet will benefit from a free portfolio and CV advice should they require it.
- 020 7562 8282
1-3 Dufferin Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert