This multi-disciplinary design firm who specialise in retail and hospitality design, work with some of the worlds leading brands. They are looking for a creative, mid-weight designer to join their collaborative team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design of client projects on a global level, across both retail and hospitality and at a range of scales. You will be confident in tackling projects from initial concept to completion, to include mood boards, sketching, 3D visualisation, sourcing and technical detail drawing.
- Attending client meetings to take new design briefs and brainstorm ideas
- Participating in internal/external workshops
- Produce work according to the project schedule, taking full accountability for design output and flagging potential concerns ahead of time.
- Gathering and collating research to create intelligent design directions as well as more in-depth insight and strategy for concept generation.
- Creating final rendered visuals to a high standard.
- Creating scaled technical production drawings as well as material and furniture schedules. Sourcing of appropriate materials, sourcing FF&E and production methods, with a focus on sustainable practice.
- Ensure all projects are fit for purpose, that is to say achievable within any given frameworks or guidelines including timeline and budget constraint.
- Conducting and documenting site visits
Skills and Experience
- Relevant degree/qualification in design
- Experience working on retail and/or hospitality projects
- Strong technical skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Cinema 4D, Vectorworks (can provide training)
- Hand sketching skills
- Project management and site experience