Chief Design Architect required for an internationally focused studio based in Berkshire
- White Space
- To £75,000 per annum + exceptional benefits package
- Closing date
- 6 Mar 2023
- Job position
- Director, Head of, Manager, Qualified / Chartered, Senior Manager
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Function
- Architect, Consultant, General Manager, Planning & Development, Project Architect, Senior Management, Part III
Due to a strong pipeline and increased workload this respected planning and design practice is looking for a Chief Design Architect to join their ambitious team based in central Reading. This practice has a wide portfolio of projects across the UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia, and America. Their current portfolio is based primarily in the Middle East with several major design projects underway ranging from strategic masterplanning through to the detailed design stage.
This role will see you being a central part of the Architecture team and will report to the Technical Director and Managing Director. The role will require you to have an essential ability to develop conceptual project designs into design development and towards construction documentation by the team with an emphasis on international and UK developments. The initial focus will be on Middle East in the short term with a broader range of opportunities and markets in the future.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills/attributes :-
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a senior leadership role
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with extensive experience with built international, large-scale projects.
- Be able to work as part of a team, leading work on defined elements of a given project
- Have confidence to present work to clients and colleagues
- Ability to work with senior colleagues to fit design strategy to organizational vision
- Ability to manage and oversee design strategy for architecture
- Has extensive management and technical experience with large complex projects and multidisciplinary teams, with the ability to manage the production of high quality design submissions
- Essential software experience in AutoCAD, Sketch-Up and Adobe Suite.
- Use of Revit, V-Ray, Rhino or Enscape a bonus
- A strong communicator with excellent written and spoken English
A highly competitive salary is on offer along with a range of benefits and an attractive pension scheme. If this role sounds perfect for you, then do not hesitate to apply today!
We are a bunch of straightforward, knowledgable and empathetic individuals who are passionate about architecture and the people who occupy this space. Ultimately we see our job as to listen, to care, to connect and to challenge. We are not backward in coming forward and aim to work closely with all of our clients and candidates to achieve the best outcomes possible. Our mantra is to find the right solution for every role that we work on and for every person that we represent.
White Space is a connected, results focused and creative recruitment consultancy that cares. With decades of specialist architecture and design recruitment experience between us we are fully plugged-in to our markets. We know who to talk to and how to get there. We recruit for some of the biggest names in architecture and a lot more besides. Whether your dream is to work for a big name practice or a small up and coming outfit (or anything in between), or if you are a client needing to gain access to untapped talent, then we can help you achieve it.
To us it is not so much about sales, more about having a great relationship with you that leads to the perfect solution that you deserve. Give us a try, the process will be fun and you won't be disappointed.
- 020 3897 7700
WeWork Old Street
145 City Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert