Due to a strong pipeline and increased workload this respected planning and design practice is looking for a Chief Design Architect to join their ambitious team based in central Reading. This practice has a wide portfolio of projects across the UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia, and America. Their current portfolio is based primarily in the Middle East with several major design projects underway ranging from strategic masterplanning through to the detailed design stage.
This role will see you being a central part of the Architecture team and will report to the Technical Director and Managing Director. The role will require you to have an essential ability to develop conceptual project designs into design development and towards construction documentation by the team with an emphasis on international and UK developments. The initial focus will be on Middle East in the short term with a broader range of opportunities and markets in the future.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills/attributes :-
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a senior leadership role
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with extensive experience with built international, large-scale projects.
- Be able to work as part of a team, leading work on defined elements of a given project
- Have confidence to present work to clients and colleagues
- Ability to work with senior colleagues to fit design strategy to organizational vision
- Ability to manage and oversee design strategy for architecture
- Has extensive management and technical experience with large complex projects and multidisciplinary teams, with the ability to manage the production of high quality design submissions
- Essential software experience in AutoCAD, Sketch-Up and Adobe Suite.
- Use of Revit, V-Ray, Rhino or Enscape a bonus
- A strong communicator with excellent written and spoken English
A highly competitive salary is on offer along with a range of benefits and an attractive pension scheme. If this role sounds perfect for you, then do not hesitate to apply today!