Principal Consultant/BIM Manager - Global Real Estate Consultancy
Location - London
Salary - £50,000 - £60,000 + Good benefits
A busy global real estate business is seeking experienced BIM Consultants/BIM Manager's to join them due to an increased workload and securing new clients.
Their team are recognised as global experts in the development and deployment of BIM on major projects and programmes, delivering client outcomes which mutually benefit the supply chain and add value to projects.
Transparency and collaboration
Independent and open methodology
They work holistically with the wider business to provide an environment for innovation and deliver success on projects where BIM is core to the delivery and operation of assets.
They lead the BIM process at organisational, programme and project level through:
- Discovery and understanding
- Client adoption strategy and strategic project setup
- Project and programme BIM execution planning
- BIM implementation, information management and supply chain management
- BIM compliance checking and data verification
You will work globally, using cutting edge tools and techniques to deliver the vision of the world’s best clients.
The individual will have the opportunity to work alongside a highly skilled team delivering and implementing BIM from strategy level to project level for global clients.
To fulfil the duties of a Principal Consultant specialising in BIM include:
- Able to capture client requirements and develop a BIM strategy to meet those requirement
- Author key BIM documentation and workflows aligned to industry best practice
- Be able to lead and manage the roll out and implementation of the above within a client organisation, across a programme of works and at project level
- Communicate the BIM strategy, documentation & workflows to stakeholders
- Be able to identify risks and appropriate mitigations
- Interface with clients, design teams and contractors implementing BIM methodologies and best practice from strategy level through to project delivery.
- Ability to lead & manage a team
- Facilitate stakeholder meetings & workshops
- Carry out structured reviews of project models
- Carry out clash detection of project models
- Analyse and interpret data against project requirements
- Write detailed reports
- Peer review work produced by colleagues maintaining quality measures
- Support colleagues with project deliverables
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the BIM documentation and processes
- Create and contribute to bid proposals
- Provide line management to colleagues
- Carry out research and development of emerging technologies
- Act as an ambassador championing the digital services delivered by the company
You will possess the following: -
- A consultancy background with experience of the design process and procurement routes within a relevant industry
- Strong understand of BIM industry standards and best practice
- A good understanding of the roles and responsibilities of stakeholders within a project environment
- A systematic approach to problem solving.
BIM/ technology/Software: -
- Understanding of the emerging technology market that can support our clients & delivery
- A working knowledge of the standards which define Level 2 BIM
- An understanding of international BIM standards
- A working knowledge of the roles and responsibilities relevant to a BIM enabled project
- A working knowledge of the creation and maintenance of key BIM documentation
- A working knowledge of a common data environment
- A working knowledge of the roles and relationships associated with a BIM enabled project.
- Working knowledge of a 3D modelling software such as Revit, ArchiCAD, etc.
- A working knowledge of 3D model interrogation and clash detection software such as Solibri, Navisworks, etc.
- An understanding of dashboard software such as Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- An inquisitive nature to research and learn new software skills.
Personal Skills: -
The individual will possess the following:
- The ability to work independently & be self-motivated
- The ability work in a diverse skilled team
- The ability to define & write BIM strategies and implementation plans
- Clear communication skills to all project stakeholders
- Ability to lead project meetings
- Presentation skills
- Workshop skills
- Ability to lead and contribute to team meetings and discussions
- Inquisitive nature
- Methodical approach to delivering tasks
- Confident in challenging others.
Please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org