IT Support Specialist
- White Space
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Up to £38,000 per annum (Experience dependent)
- Closing date
- 27 Mar 2023
This long established and internationally renowned architecture and design firm is seeking an ambitious IT Support Specialist to join the vibrant central London studio.
With an impressive cohort of over 1500 talented staff worldwide, and countless office locations in major cities around the globe, this practice offers significant international reach giving you access to a global pool of knowledge and resources. Additionally, on a smaller scale, this practice also offers an extensive range of benefits and support and can provide extensive development plans and pathways to help you succeed.
The centrally located London studio operates as the European hub producing projects of significant scale and design standard across a range of sectors including mixed use, transport, aviation, healthcare, commercial and education.
This IT Support Specialist role will see you supporting the IT Manager, within an established team, to help maintain IT systems and to operate as the first point of contact for any IT queries and issues. This is a key role within the firm and offers a wide range of responsibility, substantial training and continual support.
This role is ideal for someone who possesses 1-2 years’ experience providing IT support for a large office. Previous architecture sector experience is highly beneficial, though not essential. You must be highly motivated, eager to learn new skills and develop your existing proficiencies. You will have excellent, in-depth knowledge surrounding IT support as well as enthusiasm and the ability to work collaboratively in providing solutions.
This role offers training on all systems, processes, software and specific IT applications within architecture and represents a fantastic opportunity for you to move into a dynamic and creative industry sector with targeted support each step of the way.
The position is offered as a full-time office based role covering 1st and 2nd line support. A full job description can be provided upon request but as an overview, duties will include:
• Providing technical and project coordination services to support and maintain computer systems and networks via Helpdesk
• Oversight of daily computer systems performance and peripheral equipment
• Daily observation of system functionality
• Set up of IT equipment for new starters as well as ongoing training in systems and software
• Monitoring systems usage and needs
• Researching, identifying and recommending software and applications
• Implementing policies and best IT practices alongside senior staff
• Providing IT support to staff as and when required
• Assisting in installation, fit-out and servicing/replacement of computer equipment
• Escalating IT issues when required in liaison with global IT teams
• Liaising with international management teams for coordination and development of companywide policies
In order to be considered for this position you must be able to demonstrate the following:
• A relevant degree in the field of IT
• Certification in Microsoft and Cisco technologies
• Exposure to basic scripting language
• Confidence in communicating and providing support for staff at all levels
• Advanced knowledge of basic PC components
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft based networking protocols
• The ability to work efficiently, in an organised manner with strong attention to detail
• The ability to explain technical issues to both technical and non-technical staff
• Proficiency or knowledge of the following is highly beneficial - Adobe Suite, Newforma, NBS Chorus, Autodesk, Enscape, SketchUp, Bluebeam, BIM360 and Cisco VPN
This practice is very well known within the industry and will provide you with an unrivalled platform for career growth within IT alongside a fantastic opportunity to enter into a creative industry and try something new! So if this sounds like a great fit for you please don’t hesitate to apply, we’d love to hear from you!
We are a bunch of straightforward, knowledgable and empathetic individuals who are passionate about architecture and the people who occupy this space. Ultimately we see our job as to listen, to care, to connect and to challenge. We are not backward in coming forward and aim to work closely with all of our clients and candidates to achieve the best outcomes possible. Our mantra is to find the right solution for every role that we work on and for every person that we represent.
White Space is a connected, results focused and creative recruitment consultancy that cares. With decades of specialist architecture and design recruitment experience between us we are fully plugged-in to our markets. We know who to talk to and how to get there. We recruit for some of the biggest names in architecture and a lot more besides. Whether your dream is to work for a big name practice or a small up and coming outfit (or anything in between), or if you are a client needing to gain access to untapped talent, then we can help you achieve it.
To us it is not so much about sales, more about having a great relationship with you that leads to the perfect solution that you deserve. Give us a try, the process will be fun and you won't be disappointed.
- 020 3897 7700
WeWork Old Street
145 City Road
Apply for IT Support Specialist
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert