Projects – Design Manager
- Whitespace Architects
- Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- None specified
- Closing date
- 31 Mar 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Function
- Project Architect
Position: Projects – Design Manager
Key Functions and Responsibilities
- Secure coordination of all design tasks during pre-contract stages
- Manage the production of all design and technical packages, across all disciplines
- Secure healthy implementation of the design programme
- Ensure the completion of the design technical packages on time, to the highest standards and within the budget
- Support the Project Manager on the fullfulment of the Contract obligations by assisting on a day to day basis with updated building design management tasks and documents.
- Secure the Design intent is maintained from project design approval to completion
- Develop the client design brief to suit the specific requirements of the project.
- Undertake full design management and manage design teams in the development of design solutions to meet the client’s expectations and budget.
- Manage design through gateways in line with the contract and brief from the client.
- Fully manage and local government approvals process.
- Timeline breakdown, manage and coordinate with sub consultant, support the PM’s on contract management, strong design architectural competence, proven record of projects/portfolio delivered.
- Develop project design documentation.
- Produce design progress reports to suit relevant stages of the projects.
- Tracks and proactively manages the design delivery performance of project, e.g. work plan, schedule to ensure completion of design deliverables within budget and with maximum profitability (this includes the completion of monthly project progress reports).
- Monitor and report on the designer’s progress against the contract program.
- Manage design consultant teams to ensure that the design is done in compliance with the contract.
- Managing the design process, not personally responsible for delivering design or hands on producing design.
- Responsible of managing the production of all design packages of all stages, post concept design stage in line with the contractual obligations / scope of work and related deliverables.
- Monitor progress of design delivery, identify areas for improvement, and take action to resolve outstanding issues.
Qualifications, Skills Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture Masters preferred.
- Minimum 10+ years of relevant experience.
- AIA or RIBA certification would be an advantage.
- Licensed as a Professional Architect or Engineer by an internationally recognized architectural or engineering association/body.
- Must have a strong design sensibility, proven technical and managerial skills across all stages of the design process.
- Proven track-record of projects delivered.
Whitespace is an international group of architects, designers, builders and thinkers operating within the fields of architecture, urban design, research and development. Our multicultural office is developing several projects throughout Europe and the MENA. WSA architectural philosophy is based on carefully analysing how contemporary life constantly evolves and changes. As a result, the architecture we seek reflects the many influences that our society encounters through multicultural exchange, global economic flows and communication technologies that all together require new ways of architectural and urban organization.
1912 Bayswater Tower
United Arab Emirates
Apply for Projects – Design Manager
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert