Position: Design Director/Sr. Design Associate/Principal design Associate
Key Functions and Responsibilities
- Act as WSA Ambassador for design, promoting developing the very highest standards for WSA Architectural and Urban Design
- Develop strategic client relationships and act as the primary client interface with respect to the project design
- Continue to grow and develop WSA’s design practices in coordination with the various practice leaders
- Lead the Design team and provide opportunities for growth, mentorship and sustainable working environment
- Demonstrate an innovative and collaborative multi-disciplinary approach to planning and design
- Lead the Design teams in collaboration with the General Manager
- Lead the design aspects of the project team and oversee all phases.
- Lead the design team towards a cohesive and rational technical solution which best meets the client’s brief and conform to the project brief and is technically, legally and financially responsible.
- Responsible for making the design team aware of current building legislation and the Quality Management System
- Interact and work with Clients to achieve design intentions of brief.
- Plans and manages project scheduling, project staffing, project work plan, and project set-up in collaboration with the project team and sub-consultants.
- Proactively identifies, assesses and mitigates design risks. Resolves problems through objective and systematic analysis
- Ensures project standards and QAQC procedures are implemented and maintained for each of the technical areas required to complete the job, to achieve high standards of design and documentation.
- Prepares look-ahead reports for GM, Partners, and Business Leaders.
- Identifies and advises the Design Leadership Team about performance issues.
Qualifications, Skills Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Master’s preferred
- Minimum 10+ years of relevant experience.
- AIA or RIBA certification would be an advantage
- Licensed as a Professional Architect or Engineer by an internationally recognized architectural or engineering association/body.
- Proven track-record of successful designs