Project Controls Officer
- White Space
- London (Greater)
- To £40,000 per annum DOE
- Closing date
- 10 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Function
- Planning & Development
A market leading architectural practice are looking for a Project Controls Officer to join their growing Central London office. This market leading globally renowned transportation specialist architecture practice has offices in the UK and overseas. They have an extensive developing portfolio of small to large sized projects (new build and refurb), encompassing all RIBA stages and the full design to construction lifecycle.
With over 160 employees, this top international practice offers a collaborative relaxed environment with exposure to large diverse teams where management are fully involved on all projects, there is no hierarchy, everyone has a voice and they follow structured daily stand-ups with project timescales ranging several weeks to months, depending on project complexity.
This role will see you responsible for assisting senior team members with administering and controlling all aspects of the project. Some of your responsibilities will include the following:-
• Assist senior team members with monitoring, controlling and administering project progress and performance including scope, time, cost, quality and risk.
• Support senior team members in developing and maintaining project plans, schedules and resource requirements.
• Analyse and identify discrepancies between estimated, actual time and cost spent on a given project.
• Provide project-planning support including scheduling, budgeting, performance monitoring, variance analysis, status reporting, WIP assessment, WBS preparation and related timesheet reporting and resource planning.
• Identify trends and root causes of deviations against the baseline using lead and lag indicators, recommend remedial actions.
• Coordinate and lead planning sessions and workshops to compile the master project schedule agreeing baselines and a critical path.
• Coordinate and lead project change management process and ensure change impacts are properly integrated in project plan (scope, cost, and schedule).
• Ensure that all deliverables to the client (i.e. all documentation) is defined and presented according to our client’s quality standards
• Preparation of Applications for Payment reports and invoices
• Credit Note assessment and processing (inform Accounts)
• Manage and report on compensation event lifecycle including change management processes.
The ideal candidate must have experience working in an architecture/design led environment, highly numerate and good IT skills with high knowledge of Microsoft office and a basic knowledge of project programming principles + receptive to training in Project Controls software systems.
If this role sounds perfect for you, please do get in contact to find out more!
We are a bunch of straightforward, knowledgable and empathetic individuals who are passionate about architecture and the people who occupy this space. Ultimately we see our job as to listen, to care, to connect and to challenge. We are not backward in coming forward and aim to work closely with all of our clients and candidates to achieve the best outcomes possible. Our mantra is to find the right solution for every role that we work on and for every person that we represent.
White Space is a connected, results focused and creative recruitment consultancy that cares. With decades of specialist architecture and design recruitment experience between us we are fully plugged-in to our markets. We know who to talk to and how to get there. We recruit for some of the biggest names in architecture and a lot more besides. Whether your dream is to work for a big name practice or a small up and coming outfit (or anything in between), or if you are a client needing to gain access to untapped talent, then we can help you achieve it.
To us it is not so much about sales, more about having a great relationship with you that leads to the perfect solution that you deserve. Give us a try, the process will be fun and you won't be disappointed.
- 020 3897 7700
WeWork Old Street
145 City Road
Apply for Project Controls Officer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert