Climate Adaptation Specialist
- None Specified
- Closing date
- 7 Jul 2023
- Job position
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Function
- Sustainability Consultant
Climate adaptation specialist
Your new company
One of the world's most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies, and is playing a key part in leading the global agenda on climate change.
Your new role
Our Climate Futures network works across technical advisory in climate change policy, climate risk, adaptation and resilience, international development, climate finance, climate-related financial disclosure (TCFD), Net Zero transition, and nature-based solutions. The core team sits within our Water Management Consultancy (WMC) located across the UK, which operates at the interface between people and the water environment, working with clients to provide innovative research and advisory services. The team work collaboratively across the wider business, in particular with the Advisory & Economics team on international projects, and with the Sustainability team on projects involving Net Zero transition planning, carbon reduction, and environmental impact assessments.
Our exciting portfolio of projects and clients continues to expand, and we are looking to recruit a number of people with an understanding of climate risks and climate change advisory services. For this role, we require a driven Consultant / Assistant Consultant to contribute to our work on climate risk assessments, adaptation planning, climate disclosure, and the development of weather and climate services.
What you'll need to succeed
A degree in a relevant technical discipline (at least a 2:1 in geography, environmental science, climate science, environmental economics or engineering) *
* Desirable that the candidate has a relevant Masters or PhD in a relevant discipline Ideally the candidate has 2 or more years' experience in the climate change industry, preferably in a consulting/ advisory role
* Experience in working in project teams/workstreams and in developing proposals/bids to win work from clients is a positive
* Some skills in GIS and coding skills in Python or R is a positive but not essential (e.g. experience in climate risk mapping, experience in processing climate change data). *
* High level proficiency in Excel and other Office tools (Word, Teams, Powerpoint).
To work effectively as part of a team and with other professionals (environmental scientists, engineers, planners, economists) throughout the company and our partners, to provide a consistent and integrated service to our clients. *
* To contribute to developing offers for our clients to win new projects. To support the delivery of new digital products and projects within the Climate Futures and Water Management Consultancy team and work collaboratively with other internal businesses.
* Depending on experience, to support delivery of key service areas such as climate risk assessment, adaptation & resilience planning, climate finance, climate & weather services
* Driven to create positive impact and climate action Highly motivated and proactive; focussed on achieving and delivering technical excellence to high standards.
* Skilled at collaborative working in teams with range of different technical backgrounds, with good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively. *
* High-level technical performance in climate change analysis and report writing Flexible and keen to take on new challenges, learn, and develop new approaches to a wide range of problems.
* Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and visual), and able to adapt communication style to different audiences.
* Well organised - able to plan ahead and manage multiple projects running at the same time.
What you'll get in return
Full benefits package to be disclosed upon contact.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays, we know that finding the right role at the right time takes careful consideration. As lifelong career partners we’re with our candidates each step of the way.
Whether you’re seeking a job for right now, a career change, or to move up the career ladder, we have the expertise, the up-to-date knowledge, connections and training to help you get where you want to go.
Providing an unmatched wealth of jobs across industries and professions, using our insights and market leading salary checker, employer relationships, pathways and support, we bring roles that challenge and excite you.
And it doesn’t end there. Our expert consultants are here to help get you more than your next job – offering training and upskilling via our free-to-use My Learning platform.
Apply for Climate Adaptation Specialist
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert