Director of Design (Interiors)
- White Space
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Circa £100k per annum
- Closing date
- 17 Jul 2023
- Job position
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Function
- Business Development, Interior Designer / Decorator
You will be working with a practice who are well recognised across the globe with over 20 offices specialising across architecture, engineering and planning. You will be responsible for the overall design leadership of the Interiors practice. Promotes quality design efforts of all departments within the office. Acutely involved in marketing and business development also.
Alongside the skills below, we are looking for someone extremely personable who will bring a positive attitude to the role and team! Hybrid working available for the foreseeable with 3 days in the office and 2 days WFH. To be considered for this role you must have a Bachelors degree in either Interiors or Architecture with proven experience managing large scale interiors projects and design teams.
- Responsible for the regional Practice interior design leadership. Responsible for setting and implementing the practice's design standards and for the overall administration and organization of the interior design function.
- Guides and advises design teams on projects, providing overall design direction to ensure consistent and high-quality design throughout the business.
- Utilizes knowledge of furniture, fixture and equipment, architectural/interior finishes, lighting, art, signage, colour and materials to carryout design intent. Keeps well connected with manufacturers and design industry to ensure access to newest and most innovative products and services available. Maintains leading edge prominence within industry.
- Responsible for conceptual design excellence; initiates project design concepts and idea discussions, and provides guidance to design teams during project design development.
- Support and successful execution of Interiors department goals and business plan for the business.
- Serves as project designer on selected projects—conceives and executes design, being mindful of clients’ needs and vision, requirements, project budget, schedule, and site issues.
Marketing / Business Development:
- Identifies new business opportunities while developing current client relationships..
- Participates in selected marketing and business development opportunities.
- Develops and nurtures positive client relationships.
- Assists marketing department in development of marketing campaigns, materials, webinars, etc. and overall proposal preparation. Provides oversight to marketing staff in the development of standard materials that describe the design portfolio, systems, and processes of the interior’s practice.
- Leads the preparation of award submittals.
Please reach out ASAP for further information on benefits / package. Look forward to hearing from you!
We are a bunch of straightforward, knowledgable and empathetic individuals who are passionate about architecture and the people who occupy this space. Ultimately we see our job as to listen, to care, to connect and to challenge. We are not backward in coming forward and aim to work closely with all of our clients and candidates to achieve the best outcomes possible. Our mantra is to find the right solution for every role that we work on and for every person that we represent.
White Space is a connected, results focused and creative recruitment consultancy that cares. With decades of specialist architecture and design recruitment experience between us we are fully plugged-in to our markets. We know who to talk to and how to get there. We recruit for some of the biggest names in architecture and a lot more besides. Whether your dream is to work for a big name practice or a small up and coming outfit (or anything in between), or if you are a client needing to gain access to untapped talent, then we can help you achieve it.
To us it is not so much about sales, more about having a great relationship with you that leads to the perfect solution that you deserve. Give us a try, the process will be fun and you won't be disappointed.
- 020 3897 7700
WeWork Old Street
145 City Road
Apply for Director of Design (Interiors)
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert