Your new company
Our client is a public sector organisation based out of Hertfordshire, they are looking to appoint a voids officer for their repairs & maintenance teams.
Your new role
The Voids Project Officer is responsible for managing and overseeing the repairs and maintenance process for vacant properties. They are expected to deliver repairs solutions that do not follow the normal repairs pathway. Some of the tasks and responsibilities of the role include:
- Managing a dedicated Project Operative and supervising all contractors, ensuring standards are met and performance is managed.
- Surveying and inspecting repairs required in void properties, overseeing the void process from start to finish, including financial monitoring and reporting.
- Supporting the wider Repairs & Maintenance function as required, both during and outside of core opening hours.
- Conducting works in progress visits to inspect standards of work and Health & Safety compliance, managing any performance and workmanship issues.
- Continuously monitoring and analysing performance and targets, providing regular reports to the Management Team and recommending improvements.
- Ensuring cross work stream utilisation, deploying operatives to best suit the current workflow.
- Managing material management and logistics within the project areas.
- Organising and chairing meetings, including void meetings, toolbox talks, focus groups, and
- Managing email accounts to ensure timely responses and actions.
- Contributing to the review of policies, procedures, and action plans, including testing new systems and upgrades.
- Taking responsibility for operative vehicle utilisation and accuracy of vehicle tracker system.
- Managing recruitment of new starters, including selection, induction, onboarding, and probation reviews.
- Managing direct report absences and leave entitlements.
- Conducting REAL Conversations with Direct Reports at prescribed intervals.
- Investigating discrepancies in orders and managing ordering of uniforms and materials.
- Resolving leasehold enquiries relating to repairs and maintenance.
- Effectively dealing with Repairs & Maintenance requests, including raising works orders, scheduling, appointing, order variation, and completion.
- 33. Being available for customer queries, issues, complaints, and compliments, and providing a route of escalation for direct reports.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to have worked on void properties and have relevant building qualifications.
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.