Your new company
Hays is delighted to be collaborating with an award-winning agency who are expanding their team. Our client is based out of Bedfordshire with offices around Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire.
Your new role
Exciting opportunity for a qualified Senior Building Surveyor to join a growing Building Consultancy Team. The successful candidate will be instrumental in assisting with the expansion of the department within the regions we operate in. This role is pivotal within the team, advising and delivering building surveying instructions for the department, whilst further building your own professional network.
The role will include travelling to properties throughout the central region and North London. However, when the need arises you will be expected to inspect properties throughout the country to service existing clients.
Main Purpose of Job:
To provide Building Surveying advice, seek out new opportunities and support the other departments. When / where appropriate undertake building surveying instructions for existing clients and with wider support to increase your professional network to generate your own work stream.
Specific Responsibilities and Activities:
- Commercial Building Surveying experience is not essential although is preferable.
- To represent the practice as a building surveyor and always promote its best interests.
- To develop and maintain a strong client base specifically in building surveying matters, but also generally.
- To support the development of junior colleagues within the firm.
- To provide assistance to others within the Building Surveying department when need arises.
- To comply with the RICS membership regulations in so far as they apply to you in the capacity of a building surveyor.
- To diligently handle all instructions and to maintain comprehensive records for all work undertaken.
- To arrange and encourage CPD activities to meet the RICS requirement.
General Responsibilities and Activities:
- Undertaking work as directed in a diligent and responsible manner.
- Building Surveyors are responsible both individually and collectively in developing and sustaining workload through regular departmental marketing activities.
What you'll need to succeed
- Be a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and a Member of the Building Surveying faculty.
- Be an AssocRICS or MRICS qualified
What you'll get in return
Competitive salary as well as a generous benefits package, this role offers a health work-life balance of Hybrid working patterns.
What you need to do now
If you are a dedicated and ambitious Building Surveyor looking to take the next step in your career, apply today!
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.