Your new company
Formed nearly 20 years ago, the company offers a supply & install and supply only service for domestic kitchen appliances to National House Builders, Regional Developers, Retirement Living, Student Accommodation Schemes and Pod Manufacturers across the UK.
Your new role
Starting salary is £27,000 (training 6 months plus) then up to 65k (salary is made up of piece work)
Installing white goods, cookers, integrated washing machines, fridge freezer, white goods installer
- Loading appliances onto vehicles, driving to new build properties around the country.
- Off loading appliances into houses and also into apartment blocks by means of battery powered stair climber, or use of hoist/lift if over three storeys high.
- Unpacking and installing appliances, waste packaging returned to depot for recycling.
- Connecting “wet” appliances to existing water/waste connection points.
- Connecting gas hobs & range cookers to existing gas point.
- Connection via plug tops to appliances under 3kw power rating unless MI's state differently.
- Connecting cable/flex to appliances in excess of 3kw and connecting to existing electrical outlet hard wire points.
- Building appliances into apertures, levelling, securing in place and fitting of décor door frontages.
- Wooden worktop cut outs to facilitate fitting of gas & electric hobs.
- Cutting/trimming plinths and shelves, holes for routing pipes/cables.
- Certified manual handling training
- Certified Electrical isolation & connection training
- Certified abrasive wheel training
- In house appliance installation training
- In house stair climber training
- Possible future external gas qualification
- Gas/electric hobs
- Extractor hoods
- Washing machines/washer dryers
- Coffee machines, warming drawers.
What you'll need to succeed
- Comfortable working with hand and power tools (Drill/jigsaw)
- CSCS card
- Driving licence
- Entry level gas qualification
- CKR1 – cooker connection qualification
- Good work attitude
- Understanding the need for urgency coupled with a high standard of work
- Ability to work long hours where necessary alongside long travel distances.
Attitude and willingness to work in this kind of work
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.